Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

Back on track (weight loss)

Congratulations, Steve.

Now is when you start to monitor how you feel. My boss is constantly fighting his weight. Not the losing part ... he can now do that easily. (He had trouble dropping 100 pounds, but now maintains 200 to 210) If he falls below 200, he can feel it. He starts losing energy, feeling tired too quickly. He feels worse at 195 than he ever did at 300.

So, you might NEED to eat a little "badly" to keep the weight in the range you want.

But good job dropping 182 pounds!!! Holy Smokes ... that a whole other person!!!

My sister always brings me home made chocolate chip pan cookies to take out on the boat fishing so I have to save room for those!

Yup, definitely want leave room for them. Sound awesome. But then, I don't think I've ever met a cookie I didn't like.

steve

Her pan cookies are just sooooooo good. It's basically a 15" x 10" pan that is filled with 1" thick chocolate chip cookie mix then you cut squares of it once it's cooked. So you get 1" thick chocolate chip cookieshappy.png

Her pan cookies are just sooooooo good. It's basically a 15" x 10" pan that is filled with 1" thick chocolate chip cookie mix then you cut squares of it once it's cooked. So you get 1" thick chocolate chip cookieshappy.png

Aw, man. Now I'm humgry.

s.

Hit another weight lose goal this morning. Down to 215lbs now. So total weight lose is 185lbs since the lifestyle change 3 years ago. My original goal back 3 yrs ago was to try to get down to 220lbs, so I've now past that and think I may set a new goal of 200lbs which would be half my weight from the day I started.

Steve, I think that's wonderful! Congratulations. You're wasting away to nothing. :-)

I haven't made any great effort, nor have I had your huge success, but before I bought a second house in NC, I had gotten up to 220. I go up there every spring and fall. The place is right on the side of a mountain, so everything I do entails lugging stuff downhill and uphill. First season up there I dropped to 198. I still gain a little back when I come back to Fla, but I just got back to Fla yesterday and I weighed 195. Like I say, I don't do anything different like dieting, it just happens.

But you are truly inspiring.

Congratulations, Steve.

You do know that wading requires some weight to keep you from being swept away in the currents?

I kind of like the stick figures people on the backs of cars. I would hate to hear of one being seen floating down the Au Sable River, never to be heard from again ... and then find out it was YOU.

lol...Not a stick figure yet, but defiantly one compared to how I use to look though. I think 200-205 will be my stopping point. I could stop right now and be good, but I figure at 200 that will give me a few lb's worth to float back & forth between 200-210 and not feel bad about it.

Feels great to shop these days for clothes off the rack. Went and bought some new clothes for vacation yesterday (leaving for 16 days fishing trip on Friday) and bought XL shirts and Medium sized shorts. Use to be XXXXL shirts and XXL shorts.

I'm glad I did it this way with the lifestyle change rather than crash dieting or weight lose surgery because now that I've been eating healthier and exercising more it has become a way of life for me and not just a temporary thing like a diet.It's been a learning curve though. Recently had to adjust my fiber intake because I was having stomach pains every once in awhile due to too much fiber intake from wholegrain breads. Got that sorted now though so I keep track of fiber grams per day in addition to calorie intake.

Another benefit has been a much healthier heart/BP. Three years ago my blood pressure use to be about 140/110 and my pulse use to stay around 115. For awhile years ago I was actually on blood pressure meds it was so high. Now these days it's not even an issue. I took my BP/bpm last night and it was 101 over 73 with a pulse of 72.

Keep this up and I may end up being able to cram another 40 years worth of fishing into my life!happy.png

1) Recently had to adjust my fiber intake because I was having stomach pains every once in awhile due to too much fiber intake from wholegrain breads.

2) Keep this up and I may end up being able to cram another 40 years worth of fishing into my life!happy.png

1) I kind of figured you were full of s--t, now there's proof. Well, you WERE, anyway.

2) Let's hope so. I plan on seeing your Bonsai and shop, if I get sent to your neck of the woods. Might even get a chance to wet a line with you. You gotta stick around at LEAST 'til I get that off my bucket list.

Sixty Eight? SIXTY EIGHT!?!?!? IN July!?!?!?

I wouldn't freeze solid ... but I'd have frost on my extremities.

One of the good things about traveling for the company ... I always get to come back home.

Don't know if they make any kind of good rye bread over there Steve? But they do over here & it goes through easilly & dosen't even change colour! White breads act like glue inside & you canalways tell after eating some for a while, plop plop plop, little bit at a time!:-)

I never had any issues that were "bathroom related" when I was eating too much fiber. For some reason it was just the sharp pain in the stomach but it didn't affect anything else. Now I just mix types of bread a bit, one time I'll eat whole grain, next sitting I'll eat white etc etc.