Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

Back on track (weight loss)

I've got no idea what 400lbs is in kg? But if i'm wright? It's about 150kg? See what giving up smoking dose to you!!! But to be serious, congratulations steve! Easy come, f@#&?*g not eazy go! I've seen alot of people in my life drop the weight fast just by giving up the suger! Black coffee straight up, no lollies or donuts! And cheese is a basturd! I've never met any vegaterian girl/woman that wasen't atleast chubby, thats cos' they eat pizza! Ooh i'm a vegaterian, i'm so good, i don't eat the animals! No! Just 10 tonne of bloody cheese on your pizza! As for fitness? Excesize bike, never have to ride up hill, it never rains! I just moved house late last year & for about half a year before that i was a bit lazy, but for 2.5years i rode the excesise bike for 30min every single day! I was then 79-80kg now 85-86kg 186cm! But the exercise bike only works if you have a tv screan in front, watch fly fishing, tying dvd's or fly fishing shows! Also helped me to keep going after half a year by bying a good gel bike seat from the bike shop cos' every standard seat on a exercise bike is crap! Also helped me riding to work 12km, 24km a day, but not every day, but then the exercise bike sucked! But then again, i drank beer while riding the exercise bike, misses would shake her head, but i was getting the bodies normal suger intake from every can cos' i drink black coffee with no sugar!:-)

Steve! I meant that the weight packs on when you give up smoking! I was just off work for 9 weeks, no work to do, but i'm in a fund that paid 70-80% of my normal hourly moneny! But anyway, one work friend stopped smoking about a year ago & grew a gut straight away, but now it's huge! It happens so quick if you let it? But as you know i feels so good & everything feels easy when you start to lose it! The most i ever was, was 103.9kg! That was 2006, i'm never going back there! Summers coming Steve, riding a bike is fun! Last summer i went to Lapland for 1.5weeks, none stop moving & fishing, fishing & moving the rest of my vacation, when i when back to work, i had lot 2kg when everyone else had put on atleast 2kg! Keep it up steve!

Most people gain weight after they quit smoking. I lost by stopping using sugar in my coffee and tea believe it or not. I drink lots and lots of coffee and tea. About 4-6 cups in the morning, 3 or 4 glasses of tea per meal plus coffee if I get dessert. I was going through a lot of sugar back then!

Adam... I don't know what protein supplement was made from back then... Hoffman's High Protein powder from a health food store, mixed it with orange juice etc. Probably came from Soylent Green for all I know. (anybody remember that movie?)

FlaFly! I was joking! When i read your text about weights & mirrors, i remembered all my old body builder friends! Work friends! They were all on cocaine & steroids!

Adam... I don't know what protein supplement was made from back then... Hoffman's High Protein powder from a health food store, mixed it with orange juice etc. Probably came from Soylent Green for all I know. (anybody remember that movie?)

Great movie ! But I don't understand the problem at the end. While I don't recommend the cooking and eating of your fallen enemy foes (like real cannibal tribes do) I do think there's a lot of protein going to waste.

Soylent Green ... People never tasted so good!!!

242lbs this morning. 158lbs total weight loss. Getting ever so close to where I want to be. Few more days and I'll be in the 230's for the first time since I was 25 yrs old.

Steve

I'm getting back in the swing again too. I went from 285 down to 232 and had real difficulty staying there. Im now at 245 after the winter and am trying to get back down. I lift 4x per week and 5 x. I try to run 12 to 15 miles a week. Craft beer and food are my nemesis. I love a hoppy ale, a creamy porter or red ale and just about any other good beer. My buddy's tap room and my growler collection are not conducive to weight loss. The grilling season is back and that is a good thing!!

One trick I learned from a trainer is to go to bed hungry. Your body will burn more fat. It sucks but it works! I just need to lay off the good beer and go back to bud select 55. It's slightly better than nothing. I eat pickles and/or popcorn as snacks and always have a protein bar for breakfast and I wear out the grapefruit. Any low cal things you like? It's damned hard for a middle aged big guy to try and stay thin!😁

Any low cal things you like?

Yeah there's a number of things I have changed up in my diet these days for lower calorie ones. For bread I now use Aunt Millys wholegrain 35cal per slice bread, it's about half the calories of most other breads. Thin sliced turkey breast are great for snacks, it's almost no calories at all. Special K chips are a good snack as long as you count them out, about 25 chips are 130 calories so a turkey sandwich and 25 special K chips are only a 200 calorie meal. I also eat baked potato's every day. A baked potato is about 150 calories then I use Parkay butter spray which is 0 calories.

I've also cut out all pop ...Soda for you southerners ;) I drink pretty much all water and just add some no calorie cheery drink mix to it.

242lbs this morning. 158lbs total weight loss. Getting ever so close to where I want to be. Few more days and I'll be in the 230's for the first time since I was 25 yrs old.

That's fantastic mate...keep up the good work , positive attitude and you'll make your goal.