Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

Back on track (weight loss)

Nymph rod. Hmm....Mike that is pretty damn funny... Maybe not flattering but funny nonetheless.

Steve

Congrats. Fat is a bitch. I've fought her all my life. Yes, she is a woman as a man would've quit long ago.

That's great Steve! I'm still on the exersize bike 30min everyday since Easter saturday, missed one saturday cos' of work & stuff, but rode it for 1hr the next day! Scales need a new battery, but i know i'm down already, pants & belt! How are your waders? I bought Simms guide waders years ago in winter, size XL, -50%! Then rode the exercize bike for 2.5yrs 30min a day! Bit big looking now, but know one see's when i'm on my floattube!:-)

I had to buy new waders last summer. My XXL-King size I use to wear got so big the crotch was down to my knees, so I bought a pair of regular fit XL waders last summer when I was at 250lbs. Now that I'm 225lbs they still fit decent, but I have some extra room in them now.

Its a big factor in weight loss that never gets spoken about but generally choosing healthy food = more cost. Then the replacement of your wardrobe again = more cost.

I'm starting down the eating healthier and hoping this year to start trekking to more out the way waters and build up exercise that way. My work uniform now is too loose so something's shifting somewhere.

Currently 223lbs now. Started biking pretty hard this week. Already done 30 miles in the past 3 days, plan to do 50 miles biking per week now all every week.

So ... New nickname? Mr String bean? Bean pole? Stretch?

Nymph rod?

How about 4wt?! :D

Thanks Steve! It was you that got me back on the exercise bike again for 30min everyday, was hard at first but i knew it would get easier, just when it started to, the situation at my work went from hard to much harder! Still going though, gives me time to look on this site with my phone & drink a beer, have a step ladder set up next to the bike, nice place to rest the beer at a good level while i'm on the bike!

CHRXLc.jpg

N8hFBW.jpg

u3Dzz0.jpg

Since I do so much biking now I decided to buy myself a new toy today and bought this 29" tire/21 speed bike. Not a super high dollar bike by any means but a great improvement over my current one which needed 50ft to stop and popped the chain every other time on the road lol.

Just looking at that seat makes certain parts of my body ache.

I know that means I should do something to get in shape ... but now I ache too much to start.

Got about 82 miles on the bike already. Weight is still coming off and not sure how much more I want to lose, but down to 218 now as of this morning so that's 182lbs lost so far.

Steve, that is an incredible accomplishment. Heartiest congratulations to you.

steve

Thanks Steve, it's been a long road but it feels great to be "normal size" now lol. I had to go buy some new fishing shirts at BPS last week and was able to buy regular ol' XL now rather than the 4XL I use to wear in those a few years ago. Probably could have even fit into a Large but figure a little extra room for casting is fine. I think I'm about where I want to be now but plan to drop another 5lbs over the next 2 weeks. Mainly because I leave for my annual 16 day Au Sable vacation on July 10th and that way I have 5lb I can gain during vacation lol. My sister always brings me home made chocolate chip pan cookies to take out on the boat fishing so I have to save room for those!