Fly Tying
flyguy613

Uv lights

I know this topic has probably been discussed but I purchased the deer Creek uv resin but now I need a light for it..

Hoping there's a light under 20 dollars that will dry this stuff properly, any ideas?

Finding the light locally would be ideal.

A person that frequently comes on here has the 'stuff' and light options too. SilverCreek is his 'handle' here. Everyone that I've seen (or rather heard on here) that uses his product states that it hardens with no tackiness.

I've heard that a Loon light has some of the highest power and that may be an option too. I do NOT know this, just heard that the Loon light might be a viable option.

Don't know what is close to you.

I bought my lights from Silver when I got the resin. His prices are very reasonable for lights.

I brought the CCG kit which had their top of the line light when I started using UV resins. A bit pricey definitely above what you want to pay. So far it works with CCG, Bug Bond, Nail polishes cured with UV and out of date dental filling material. Still waiting for my dentist to update his plug in UV light so he can bequeath me the old one. I'm looking around for a second one myself.

Went to a fly shop I haven't been to yet and they had one Orvis uv light left so I grabbed it for $17. It dries the deer Creek resin in about 3 seconds, no tackiness at all. Thanks to everyone who replied

I bought my lights from Silver when I got the resin. His prices are very reasonable for lights.

Henry is the man!

Get a black light bulb and a cheap hood for under 10$ at any local department store. No need to worry about batteries, and it works really well.

Silver Creek is by far, hands down, can't say enough good things about him. Shoot him a note,you won't regret it.

Duane

I got mine from orvis, 29 for the bug bond 17 for the uv light plus they offer 25 off coupon

from the research that i have done......(i could be wrong here)

most uv resins will start to cure with any uv light falling between 365-400 nM. i think that the best way to finish any uv resin after hitting it with a light to set it up, is to finish it in the sunlight were it is subjected to the full spectrum of uv light rays.

i also have sneaking suspicion that the uv resins used for nail care will work just as well for flies at a fraction of the price. stay tuned.......