Fly Tying
rockworm

Fifth Annual Evolution Swap

Flytire- You didn't mess anything up and I want you to stay. I think maybe you misunderstood my meaning when I said:

"Is there anyone who has the materials and inclination to improve upon Sharon's Wet Blue Fox? Remember- reasonable substitutes are acceptable."

What I meant was: Who would like to be second on the list? To take Sharon's pattern and mutate it into their own. I think you took it to mean: Who can do a better job at starting us off?

MY BAD! Sorry.

Sharon, I don't think that you did anything wrong because the door was opened and you just entered. I just thought that it was going to be as it was last year. I'm not sure what to do at this point because I am not sure of the order of things now and also, I have no idea what the rib material is in your recipe. I apologize if I came across as being grumpy because it was not my intention at all, just very confused.

Bob- That was why I was asking for someone to follow Sharon (Shoes). Her pattern uses stuff not all of us have and I wanted to see if someone already had the materials in hand and wanted second spot. If no-one did I had two choices:

1) Ask Sharon to change her pattern, or

2) Take the second spot myself.

Again, MY BAD. So I will poll the group: Should we just do it as in previous years? Or would you like to choose your spots as they are made available?

Look, I'll delete my post and we should start over. I will do whatever. That is obviously the simplest solution. Rockworm whatever you say goes, I'm cool.

Sharon- Yes you are cool. At this point you are the only one I know is on board. So don't delete your post. You are not the problem. The problem is one of failed communication. I will try harder to be clear.

The poll is waiting for 10 more votes.

I will take spot 10. Either way it will be the same for me (assuming rockworm will take the 12th). The one advantage to the prearranged order, rockworm can enforce a 48 hour response rule. If there is no clear order, it might take more time to get all the choices made.

Led Zeppelin said it best with one of my favorite songs...Communicaton Breakdown....I hope you all have a great evolution swap this year. I'm out.

Since flytire and netabrookie want out, there are spots for mybadhabit and cencalfly. Welcome aboard our leaky ship!

Yes you can use PayPal to pay for postage.

Whatever you choose is fine by me, don't do a poll. Democracy is overrated. You, Rockworm, are swapmeister, so make a choice and tell us about it.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Sjo. But I made a choice and half of you complained. Let me be responsive to the group's wishes now before we have actually started. I promise I'll be a hardass swapmeister once we are in full swing.

And thank you too cencalfly. Do you have the stuff to tye fly #2 if we go that route?

Let's hear from the silent majority: Should we organize ourselves as in previous years? Or would you like to choose your spots as they are made available?

Thanks Paul for the sub. I guess not too many of us have met a blue fox.

OK, I think its time to set sail. Cencalfly- show us what you got.