Fly Tying

I've been messing around tying some of Kelly Galloup Style Articulated flies. Here is my Sex Dungeon fly.

Just deer hair, lead eyes, cactus chenille, marabou, hackle, b10s hook for front, and 3x streamer hook in the back!

post-48975-0-10690000-1429816265_thumb.jpg

James ... have you had any thing like that in the water? I am wondering how it looks wet. Not that a fish would care, but does it look like a bathed cat when it's wet?

Mikechell

Eastern Fly is the expert on these big articulated flies. He LOVES Zoo Cougars and Sex Dungeons and others. I joined his streamer swap to get his fly. I got a fly in a sculpin swap from Eastern Fly and instead of copying it I used it. Buried it in a fish only to loose it after a good fight. Trout broke 7.5ft 3x leader no tippet. They fish unbelievably well for big trout, especially at night. You go to the White, Holston, Nantahalathe Watuaga or the Monguap below a dam and they are fanfreakintastic.

For the haters, this young man did not invent the name Sex Dungeon.

Please read the Hatches magazine article.

http://www.hatchesmagazine.com/page/month/358

James ... have you had any thing like that in the water? I am wondering how it looks wet. Not that a fish would care, but does it look like a bathed cat when it's wet?

out of the water it would probably look like a hair ball. in the water that fly would turn into Frankenstein's monster. IT'S ALIVE! IT'S ALIVE!!

great looking fly. what size hooks and beads did you use?

Mikechell

Eastern Fly is the expert on these big articulated flies. He LOVES Zoo Cougars and Sex Dungeons and others. I joined his streamer swap to get his fly. I got a fly in a sculpin swap from Eastern Fly and instead of copying it I used it. Buried it in a fish only to loose it after a good fight. Trout broke 7.5ft 3x leader no tippet. They fish unbelievably well for big trout, especially at night. You go to the White, Holston, Nantahalathe Watuaga or the Monguap below a dam and they are fanfreakintastic.

For the haters, this young man did not invent the name Sex Dungeon.

Please read the Hatches magazine article.

http://www.hatchesmagazine.com/page/month/358

I've been messing around tying some of Kelly Galloup Style Articulated flies. Here is my Sex Dungeon fly.

Just deer hair, lead eyes, cactus chenille, marabou, hackle, b10s hook for front, and 3x streamer hook in the back!

Troutguy thanks, I wish I could remember what fly you had. The Sex Dungeon is a fantastic pattern. I tye it in several different sizes and colors. Most have wool heads on mine. I also started using a stinger hook on the rear instead of the standard hook. That took care of the short strikes. I will go to a articulated fly faster then any.

Kevin

Jamesbrck3, no cigar with mine yet have had couple of biggins give it a run but did not finish. One big rainbow on a drift boat guided trip. Asked to use my big fly when got to some trophy area rushed it but turned. Oh we'll....casting heavey stuff is bit tricky but doable....nothin like gettin hit in head w/half a chicken.... The schlapen/marabou breathes w/action when wet.

Here's an alternative to tandem rigs that fish well for bigger fish/ streamer stuff. My sculpin has the lead wire underneath rather than the lead eyes but the sparse deer hair head w/glued eye. The body can be bout anything but I like wide silver rib over white silk or yarn. The "wing" is dark Gadwall flank feathers w/yellow grizzly some black ostrich.

sculpins.jpg

103_0597.JPG

Bout as deadly as my cdad but dats another story. Good tyin bud.