Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
dryfly purist

Todays menu: Midge and water :-)

Stunning!

Do you know what kind of bird? We don't have those down here.

Thanks, Mike :-)

It located in Europe, Asia and nothern parts of Africa.....and the english name is White Wagtail.

Terje

Although in the UK we refer to them as pied wagtails. Very common waterside bird and always busy hopping about. One of my favourites from childhood, this and the kingfisher. Sadly we don't have kingfisher this far north but a lovely sight when your by a summer stream and the streak of blue comes up and down hunting for minnows and stickleback

Terje-

Great photo. You got the focus on the bird exactly.

Just a suggestion for what its worth.............I would crop the top & left part of the image to remove the branch floating in the water. Its out of focus, which it should be given the f stop, but it is a distraction that competes with the bird, its reflection, and the immediate area.

Thanks for posting.

Bill

Terje-

Great photo. You got the focus on the bird exactly.

Just a suggestion for what its worth.............I would crop the top & left part of the image to remove the branch floating in the water. Its out of focus, which it should be given the f stop, but it is a distraction that competes with the bird, its reflection, and the immediate area.

Thanks for posting.

Bill

Thanks a lot, BIll :-) :-)

There was no more to crop to be honest, because i had already cropped the phot so much that it would become to unsharp if i did more cropping :-) :-)

Terje

Terje-

Thanks for responding. You're right, there gets to be a point about cropping & zooming, that the image will become pixilated and unusable.

Take care.

Bill

i really appreciated your suggestion but unfortunately in this case there was nothing more to do :-)

As you said i came to a point that the image would be pixilated and unusable :-)

Terje

No offense intended, Bill ... but I think I read that Ansel Adam's ghost refused to critique Terje's photos, they were that good.