Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Sandworm

Saltwater Fly Fish'N After Dark

Here's a Squid u can night fish with. It's high vis and can be seen from a long way off. Fish eyes are different from ours. If we can see 6 " a fish can see several feet. With that in mind. I think the fish will be able to crash this Squid as long as they can see and then feel it jetting backwards as you strip it in .

I use a product called. Monic Aquaglow. I saturate the cloth I make my squids out of with it and then seal it with Softex. You end up with a fly that will always glow. It dose not wash out . The Squid is mother of pearl glitter in the day and looks really cool night. So grab your Fly Rod and a Hard Hat and give it a try. Tim

post-55933-0-05074400-1431692772_thumb.jpg

post-55933-0-92776500-1431692801_thumb.jpg

L. O. L. I tried that already .... ! But , casting 100 feet of OUTDOOR EXT. CORD IS A bitch ! If I'm gonna get Carpel Tunnel I want it to be for the right reason !! ( don't Say It ) L. O. L.

That thing is killer! I would love to see a video of it in the water

Thank you buddy. I don't have any vidios of it in the water. But I can tell you it suspends when you stop it and all those fine Marabou feathers wiggle and slither. It looks like a Squid wiggling it's arms . The ocean looks black at night so using a fly that they can find will increase your chance .

I guess I could put on in the Bath Tub with the light off. But I don't want to take the chance of getting caught playing with my Squid in the Bath Tub!!!! L. O. L. Tim

Sandworm, if you're ever down my way (south Florida) you'll find some great night fishing... We're spoiled though, since between docklights and well lighted bridges we're actually looking right at the fish we're casting to (mostly small tarpon - 20 to 40lbs or snook in the 5 to 15lb range). Because we can see our fish we mostly just use small white flies (so my anglers can see the fly in relation to the fish).

Hi Capt. Bob. Thanks for saying hi. I feel like I know you from somewhere. I lived on Florida for 10 years . But up in Palm Beach county.

I spent many hours fish'N Jupiter and Palm Beach Inlet. But it was between 80' and 90'. They just put the slot limit on Snook and Red's. It's good to here their back . I miss fishing the Intercoastal. I also spent a lot of time up in St. Augusttine on the Matazas River right off of St. Aug....... Inlet. But I love the keys. Keeping the Tarpon away from the Bridge pilings will put a few years on u quik. Try my Grass Shrimp. I tied for S. Florida fishing. And the Bahamas.

Thanks for the reply. Tim