Fly Tying
Dondi12

Just joined and already have a question

Hello everyone, I just joined this forum a few minutes ago and think I'm going to really enjoy the experience. Ive been into fly fishing for some years now, mainly panfish and bass don't have much trout down here in the south but have done some trout fishing in Montana a few years back.

I own two ponds that are great for testing my fly's. Although I am terrible at tying and in. No way would win any competitions I have been successful in fooling the fish and that's all that matters to me.

My question is; I am left handed although I can do many things with my right hand when I tie and cast I use my left hand. With that being said I cannot for the life of me figure out how to use that funny shaped tool that is supposed to tie off the thread upon completion. Is it for right hand only? Is there any videos that SLOWLY explain the procedure?

Thanks

Hi - Are you referring to a whip finisher? They should work right or left handed,