Fly Tying
atxdiscgolfer

Second Annual 2 in 1 Reel Recovery Swap

Ok I've been asked again to get some flies donated for the Reel Recovery participants. In case anyone doesn't know about reel recovery - it's similar to Casting for A Cure except it's for men with Cancer. I hosted a 2 part swap last year in which everyone tied a dozen to be donated to the Reel Recovery guys and we tied a dozen for ourselves. So the Reel Recovery guys need flies for bass to be fished at the lakes they have their retreats; as for our flies I was thinking about everyone tying midges. I was thinking about a due date of August 7th.

SM- tbd

1. Matt 7082

2.Sammothner- Crawfish and Bunny Midge-on their way

3.Add147-Received

4.Joseph Russell- on their way

5.MichaelRay- Received

6.Flytire-received

7.rtangley- received

8.Bassbugn-received

9.Vicrider- received

Swap Closed - if anyone else would like to donate flies to the ReelRecovery part of this swap you can send them to me

Of course I'm in for this. Please note this though. IF...IF...you fill the swap without me in I will still tie the flies for the Recovery group and send them to you. See how it goes but I'd be happy to see someone get the midges they'll use but won't miss a chance to donate to a cause, 'cause I tie a lot more than I fish.

Joe

I'm leaving the country for a trip so I'm out. I just want to say thanks. Everyone is touched by the dreaded "c" and it sucks as too many people succumb to its evil grip. You're kindness is noticed. Have a great summer!

Thanks Dan, yeah the C is terrible I have lost 2 ppl to it. Reel Recovery is a great organization, I admire what they do. I have a 2.5 yr old and an 8 week old child so i don't have much time to volunteer for the retreats so I contribute by tying flies for them for their retreats. They really appreciate it, I am going to post the thank you letter from last yrs swap shortly.

This is the thank you letter from last year swap

I discovered that while fly-fishing, I was in another place.

In this place there was no cancer, no pain and no fear.

Retreat Participant

March 6, 2014

Members of the Fly Tying Forum Swap Group

I want to extend sincere thanks from Reel Recovery to all of you who participated in this fly swap. Your donation of time, talent, and treasure will allow us to do several things that directly support our retreats. First, these great flies can go into special gift boxes for our retreat participants at a retreat. This gives many of these men their first flies to start the sport of fly fishing, and a wonderful part of their memory of the retreat for all the participants. Second, they can be used at fund raising events to gain donations for our retreats as proceeds from silent auction fly boxes, or in exchange for donations at Reel Recovery exhibits. Third, they can be used in a special collection of flies reserved for each retreat so the participants can choose that special fly to supplement their fishing box used at the retreat. Regardless of their use, please know you have made an important contribution to our retreat program.

Thank you again for this generous donation to Reel Recovery.

Dave Steffek Texas Chapter Reel Recovery

voice (800) 699-4490 160 Brookside Road Needham, MA 02492 fax (781) 449-9031

If there's still a spot, count me in! I'll tie some of my bass sliders for RR and some glass bead midges for us.