Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Joe Hard

Canada Post office

The post office is selling fly stamps, postcards, playing cards, and other fly things. Need more info contact P.O. or send me a pm.user posted image

Thanks for posting this, I picked up the last series of "Fishing Flies" that Canada Post put out about 4-5 years ago ( I think it was the last one). I framed them and have them hanging in my tying room, looks like there are going to be some more up on the wall soon.

Hey Daryn,

I just got back from flytying in Québec and was at the official Granby launch of the stamps. Will post some photos later. All the flytyers at the show were given a set of 8 stamps free with draw tickets that they were selling to raise money for conservation. At the local post office I indulged and bought 10 more sets of stamps for myself and friends. I also ordered the postcards and playing cards as I think they will make superb gifts and will look fantastic when framed with the flies in question. Hazel Maltais was there and she signed my stamp collection as she tied one of the flies in question "The Mickey Finn"

Thanks for posting the info.

Pedrofly.

They are cool stamps to have. I'm in the process of tying the first series of flies to frame along with the stamps. ( details are on nlft.org forum) but I'm hoping to get these ones tied up as well.

There are an Austrailian set, as well as a US set that I have seen around. They will make nice accents to the fly tying room.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this