Fly Tying
Peterson

UV resins

I am sure he does not make everything in house. I can only control who I buy from. Not who he buys from. I have no reason to try anything else. Silvercreek's resin has exceeded my expectations concerning his claims on tack and cure time. And he is great to deal with. Fast shipping and easy to contact.

*I will add that concerning uv resins, I was confused why people would buy a product that required another product over the top to seal it. I like being able to do one coat of resin, cure it and be done with the fly.

I posted this picture before but just to make a point... these flies were for a swap so I wanted to finish the head off cleanly. I've used bug bond from the squeeze bottle which is ok if you hit it with Sally Hansens or another clear coating to eliminate the tack. It is thicker than the brushable stuff. I've also used silvercreek's resin before adding eyes, 30 minute epoxy and then rotisserie motor on saltwater bait fish when building a big head. Tack free is an important characteristic, maybe not the most important but certainly a selling point. I've said too much already. This is the SilverCreek product. If I'm still around when my supply s gone I will get more.

woodspecial.jpg

I am sure he does not make everything in house. I can only control who I buy from. Not who he buys from. I have no reason to try anything else. Silvercreek's resin has exceeded my expectations concerning his claims on tack and cure time. And he is great to deal with. Fast shipping and easy to contact.

*I will add that concerning uv resins, I was confused why people would buy a product that required another product over the top to seal it. I like being able to do one coat of resin, cure it and be done with the fly.

first i will state very clearly that this resin works. is quick setting, and finishes tack-free and clear. no cleaning, or top coating required. it meets all the requirements that a tyer would want from a uv resin. i think it is hard to refute these facts. all the swapper that i'm connected to at this time will receive flies that use this resin. i guess iwill let them be the final judges if this resin works, or is crap.

why would i pay a middleman to handle it, in anyway shape or form? the middleman quite possibly gets the stuff required for their product from an off shore manufacturer/distributor in the first place. why would i buy a product that is 'flytying' specific at a higher markup when there is an other off-use product, or sourcing it from another type of supplier that will do the some job??

head cement became, Sally Hansen Hard as Nails,and then became a no name from the dollar store. we have lead racquet tape instead lead foil. we use light fishing line for tippet. we shop at Micheal's and the Dollar store instead of the fly shop. as well we also use the hundreds of middlemen that are on the internet. the list is endless.

through Ebay which a lot of us use; i'm buying my resins and light as close to the manufacturer as you can get. no middleman required. and it works.

i tie on a tight budget. i have very few tying materials, or fishing gear that is brand named. i improvise and find stuff that is cheap, and works. this resin is no different. i'm not say, do not buy any other resin/light out there; i'm just sharing my observations about a different option.

the ebay seller is the middle man... I am glad you are able to save a couple dollars.

If a resin has to cure in ten seconds or less to be labeld 100% tack free? Am i the ownly person that believes in taking time out to go & get another beer & go outside to have a smoke? I never knew that if you tied flies you had to behave like you were at work in some kind of speedshop? Take a break from your bench now & then gentelmen! The normal workday is hard enough already for some of us!

"If a resin has to cure in ten seconds or less to be labeld 100% tack free?"

Not sure where you got that from? It has to be tack free in order to be labeled tack free. I value my time highly. Not sure how this became a speedshop discussion? I am giving my opinion.

If a resin has to cure in ten seconds or less to be labeld 100% tack free? Am i the ownly person that believes in taking time out to go & get another beer & go outside to have a smoke? I never knew that if you tied flies you had to behave like you were at work in some kind of speedshop? Take a break from your bench now & then gentelmen! The normal workday is hard enough already for some of us!

Well if it's your job, you wanna ties as many, best you can, as fast as you can. So 10sec rather than 10min is a huge difference in profit

Everybody is entitled to buy from whoever they want to buy from. Period.

You like Lina, I like silvercreeks crystal uv. Amen. Enough said.

your right. Ebay is my middleman. i thought the whole point of Ebay was easy purchasing of odd items, and saving a few dollars???? Ebay has been the middleman for hundreds of transactions completed by members here; i don't see how this one purchase is any different.

in the time it takes to tidy up for the day, my flies are tack-free and ready for the box after sitting under the light; it is like a tanning bed for flies. you can also leave them out in the sun light for a spell as well to finish curing if need be. this is just good old fashion sun tanning, lol.

the O/P asked for options on resins, i provided one. i have also provided the best bang for your buck option as well i think.

i think that the O/P has also seen brand loyalty at it's best/worst it this thread. this is worse than a my vise is the best vise loyalty threads i have provided a valid option to your question, one that satisfies all your requirements, one that saves you a bucket of money; and yet others still argue that you should spend more to get the same results in the end. this makes no sense. imo. there is koolaid everywhere in this sport/hobby. buyer beware.......

what is the most that anyone could loss with my option; $4.00 ?

Fisherboy0301! That is true! I like tying at my own pace cos' i can! They are all for me! Tying as a job is probably something i could never do, seem to get borred quik & could never be able to work from home, just would not work for me!

your right. Ebay is my middleman. just as Ebay has been the middleman for hundreds of transactions completed by members here.

in the time it takes to tidy up for the day, my flies are tack-free and ready for the box after sitting under the light. it is like a tanning bed for flies. you can also leave them out in the sun light for a spell as well to finish curing if need be. this is just good old fashion sun tanning, lol.

the O/P asked for options on resins, i provided one. i have also provided the best bang for your buck option as well i think.

i think that the O/P has also seen brand loyalty at it's best/worst it this thread. this is worse than a my vise is the best vise loyalty threads, imo. beware Peterson; there is koolaid everywhere in this sport/hobby.

How is this worse? You take offense when someone has a different opinion or points out how your argument is flawed. I think nothing has been said that should be taken personally, until your last post.

your right. Ebay is my middleman. just as Ebay has been the middleman for hundreds of transactions completed by members here.

in the time it takes to tidy up for the day, my flies are tack-free and ready for the box after sitting under the light. it is like a tanning bed for flies. you can also leave them out in the sun light for a spell as well to finish curing if need be. this is just good old fashion sun tanning, lol.

i think that the O/P has also seen brand loyalty at it's best/worst it this thread. this is worse than a my vise is the best vise loyalty threads, imo. beware Peterson; there is koolaid everywhere in this sport/hobby.

How is this worse? You take offense when someone has a different opinion or points out how your argument is flawed. I think nothing has been said that should be taken personally, until your last post.

no offense has been taken; i don't see any flaws to my argument; and what did i say that was offensive?

Maybe I took your intent behind saying( "i think that the O/P has also seen brand loyalty at it's best/worst it this thread. this is worse than a my vise is the best vise loyalty threads, imo. beware Peterson; there is koolaid everywhere in this sport/hobby." ) wrong. Maybe you could clarify the meaning of this.

all of your points are valid but i still prefer freedom of choice which also includes paying what i'm comfortable of paying

if you are on a limited budget then you should only buy the items that make sense to you and what you can afford

everybody has brand loyalty. even me! even you! so what! and who really cares?

Plus I'm supporting a member of this forum rather than some unknown entity from asia

I'm definitely one of the "cool aid drinkers". I'm happy to pay the increased cost for believing that the chemicals were mixed in a somewhat regulated and safe environment and no one, especially children, were exposed to any nasty stuff. Lumber Liquidators formaldihyde flooring, lead paint in toys, toxic dog treats and other products that can mess you up are a personal choice. We are all wired differently. That's not a bad thing.