Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
eide

Cascade

I tied two small #12 doubles in black. I can see the seatrout loving them. Went on side of caution and added little flash.

One of the hooks I'm trying are kamasan b725. The other ones I'll let you know when I've seen them as bit of a blind test.

eide! Looks beautiful, but i had & used black cristal flash on the two Allys shrimps! A idea i came up with 2day was to ty my all black cascades on a gold salar hook with a gold wire rib! Also if i had dyed red jungle cock? A black cascade on a black hook with red wire rib! Food for thought! Run with the ideas if you want!

Going back a couple of steps, then turning in a slightly different direction there is a recognised black version of the Aly's Shrimp. This might include a little of what you think is missing from your black Cascade.

Black%20Alys_0001_zpsqrx7bwrp.jpg

As a standard Aly's but with dyed red GP tippet in the wing and of course the orange hair and hackle replaced with black.

Cheers,

C.

Going back a couple of steps, then turning in a slightly different direction there is a recognised black version of the Aly's Shrimp. This might include a little of what you think is missing from your black Cascade.

Black%20Alys_0001_zpsqrx7bwrp.jpg

As a standard Aly's but with dyed red GP tippet in the wing and of course the orange hair and hackle replaced with black.

Cheers,

C.

That is a great one!

Beautifull ties gents! Thanks so much for sharing! I'll have post a few of mine once I figure out how to photograph flies properly. They are not nearly as nicely tied, but still interesting to share!

Simon