Fly Tying
artimus001

uv resin challenge

after a delay waiting for more resin to show up; i'm happy to say that samples went in the box today. sorry for the delay, and thank you for your patience smile.png

hat in hand...

i tied up a wicked Hexageia nymph pattern. gooped a bit of resin on the swiss straw wing case. man it looked good.

no more then 10mins in the water and the resin was gone.

fail one (swiss straw at least).

damn.

hat in hand...

i tied up a wicked Hexageia nymph pattern. gooped a bit of resin on the swiss straw wing case. man it looked good.

damn.

It's hard to get any of the resins to stick to a completely smooth surface. Sometimes you have to poke holes in the surface to allow some of the resin to seep through it. Other times you have to rough up the surface to get it to stay on.

hat in hand...

damn.

It's hard to get any of the resins to stick to a completely smooth surface. Sometimes you have to poke holes in the surface to allow some of the resin to seep through it. Other times you have to rough up the surface to get it to stay on.

Same problem wih medallion sheeting. It looks "white" like an air bubble.

On a Copper John I make sure the resin goes from the wire, over the sheeting and to the bead.

Sometimes the resin still comes off.

Kimo

The solution may be to use a natural wing case, hair, or feather fibers that will absorb a small amount of resin and stick better. I especially like turkey tail barbs for wingcases

Seems walmart and the entire fingernail salon world has the lamps /driers, clear gel resin pretty cheap! What's wrong with the fly tiers?

01ADDA98-63E8-4707-BECA-A0E97AF1F855_zps