Fly Tying

I stumbled upon these fishing shirts and decided why not since they were cheaper than others. Great designs, fast shipping. Can't have too many fishing shirts, right?

Here are the specs and website to check them out.

http://www.wickedcatchgear.com/#_l_gh

Sun Protection : 50 UPF (Ultraviolet Protection Factor)

Moisture Wicking

Antimicrobial

Lightweight

So, I recieved the shirt in the mail on a Friday at 4:30 PM, I made up some excuse to the girlfriend so I could wait for the mailman to take them with us fishing for the weekend. Saturday morning we get up at 6 AM and didn't come back to the dock until it was dark. All I can say is that this is the best shirt I have used fishing, no sunburns or any redness and had a small tan. I can say enough about these shirts. I have a couple of other shirts and my favorite used to be the Columbia shirts because of the breathability, but this blow them out of the water. As soon as I got home, I ordered 3 more. Check these shirts out if you are out on the lake all day and don't want to put on the oily sunscreen, you won't be disappointed.

http://www.wickedcatchgear.com/#_l_gh

What fishing shirts do you use?

post-55047-0-64665000-1433946854_thumb.jpg

post-55047-0-37391300-1433946855_thumb.jpg

Hmmmm

First post huh? Sounds like an advertisement to me. Let's see some of the flies you've tied.

LOL I can honestly say, I've NEVER gotten a sunburn through a shirt. So I guess all my shirts are SPF100 and this one is only 50.

I wear a sleeveless shirt and "Dry" sunscreen. No worries about "wicking" or Bacterial infections from my shirts, either. Of course, I wash them after every use ... is that why you need anti-microbial shirts? You don't wash yours?

Shoe, you got it right ... it's spam. I haven't reported it, yet, though ... just in case desert otter is a real participant.

I haven't taken any pictures of the fly I tie because I am just beginning to tie fly. The quality of fly I produce is not something that I just wish to show everyone. Pretty sure by the way both of you have responded to my first post, about a great shirt that I found, that you would bash, nitpick, and shit on all of flies anyways. I thought the shirt was a great product so I decided it would be a good topic to contribute to this site, but as both of you "Advanced Members" have been sooooo welcoming why should anyone post anything for their first time. The "Advanced Members" know everything and shit on everyone else post, you should be ashamed of yourself. By the way, if I was SPAMMING or trying to sell something why would I have joined 28 Jan 2015. Do your research and stop throwing your bad attitude at the rest of this site. THANK YOU TO ALL OF THE OTHER USERS THAT SIMPLY WANT TO HELP THE NEXT GENERATION LEARN HOW TO TIE FLYS.

Haha, this is funny.

Just an FYI desertotter, there is almost no shitting on people's tying on here and most there is a little bit of friendly ribbing. This is actually probably one of the most civil forums on the internet.

My first thought was that this was an advertisement post also. If it isn't I hope you aren't too discouraged and I urge you to make an introduction post and share some of your flies.

Wschmitt3, most everything I have seen on this site is pretty good but it rubs me the wrong way when people accuse without knowing all the facts. I just thought I would try to contribute from my experience. I like the product and was telling people about my experience, that is all. I posted it in the general forum so anyone that wanted to read it could and if they didn't than so be it, it was just my experience. People that feel they have to call someone out because it makes them feel good, piss me off. It's kind of like the whole "Stolen Valor" stuff that is going on from young GI's going around and calling Vietnam Vets fake and phoney. What is wrong with people that they feel they are right all the time without knowing facts.

""Stolen Valor" stuff that is going on from young GI's going around and calling Vietnam Vets fake and phoney."

This is kinda a strange thing to bring up and I have never heard of anything like this (and I'm an Iraq Vet involved in the veteran community) but you must understand on some level that a forum member who's first post is one that promotes a logo apparel brand is probably a spam ad but if its not the case that's great. Welcome to the forum, I look forward to seeing your flies and if you need advice or have questions about tying techniques, tools or materials you should not hesitate to post or join in on the conversation.

Oooookaaaayyyy. I'll respond to this in a civil way ... and keep my feelings out of it, unlike what you did.

1) In my post, I DID say that I hadn't reported you, just in case you turned out to be legit.

2) About once a month or so, we get a spammer in here who posts the same thing is several forums. They have no intent of being a permanent member, just a spammer. IN fact, I just reported one of those earlier this morning.

3) You've been a member since January. You should've noticed the "introduce yourself" forum. You didn't use it, so what are we to think?

4) You didn't start your post with "Hi, I'm new here." Or, hello, new to the site." or anything else that might have let us know you were anything other than a spammer. I am still not sure, since you got so bothered at two posts that were basically not hurtful or derogatory. Let us know a little about yourself, and we'll be MUCH more willing to accept anything else you wish to post.

5) To keep emotion out of it, I will not discuss Stolen Valor.

As the person that runs the forum let me inform you of a few things here. First off Mike pretty much nailed it with his list above so read what he said. Secondly this is a site that is a family site and we do have young kids here so lets abstain from typing out any sort of curse words shall we, I think as adults people can express themselves with out doing that.

If you don't understand why this would come across as a spam/advertisement then you must not use the internet much. Perhaps it was not meant that way but it is exactly how spammers do things, I delete about 20-30 spam posts a week and they usually start out the same way...first post with someone putting links to some product saying "this is the best thing ever"....then they move off to the next site to spam them. Which is exactly what your first posts was and you even had two links to the exact same page in it which is what spammers tend to do for some reason. So you need to pull back the attitude with the other members that replied to you because they are just basing their replies on years of past experience with spammers. It has nothing to do with calling someone out to make themselves feel good, it has to do with the huge amount of spam that runs ramped on forums and the people that are good members here try to help me nip it in the bud to keep the site friendly and spam free.

Since you have replied then it shows you are here to be a member and not spam so that is good. Feel free to jump in and learn and be a part of the site.

I will have to admit that I felt attacked and let emotion take over. In the future I know what not to do. Sorry to all of the other posters and I would just like to move on and stay in the shadows to learn more about tying flies.

Don't stay in the shadows. Participation, contribution and asking questions will net amazing results in your fly tying learning curve.

jump right in. there is tons to learn and share.

"Of course, I wash them after every use ... is that why you need anti-microbial shirts? You don't wash yours?"

polypro is the worst. i've had polypro base layer underwear that i used for skiing that still stunk even after it was burned, lol.

Art

was that the fault of the underwear or....?