Fly Tying
PeachySteph

Hey! From Georgia

Hello from Georgia!

I grew up fishing as a little girl, and have always loved it. Only recently have I started getting into fly tying and fly fishing. I'm very excited, and hoping to make a little extra $$ with my flies (if I can manage to make suitable enough flies for selling)

Is there anywhere on the forum where there's a thread that shows and explains all of the abbreviations and acronyms that people use on here?

Haha Steph, no I don't think so, so start one!!!! :D

You could also google them :P

Welcome to the forum!!! From a fellow Georgian! :)

Is there anywhere on the forum where there's a thread that shows and explains all of the abbreviations and acronyms that people use on here?

Welcome to the forum, Steph. I've never seen a glossary. I'm kind of a beginner, too and I sometimes have to scratch my head. Then I google it and usually figure it out.

steve

If it isn't in the glossary, don't hesitate to ask. That's why we're all here... to help each other.

Welcome to the site, Steph. I've seen your other posts before this one, and you do good work ... you'll fit in here nicely.

This isn't like a lot of forums out there. You've got a bunch of anglers and fly tiers here. We use this site to talk to others of our kind. This is not a site of tweeters and texters who use abbreviations for every regular word of the English language. There are a few flies that have acronyms ... and a few materials that are "code named" ... but for the most part, there's no glossary needed here.

Hey Tide, when you move down, will you be near N. Augusta? If so we should hook up some time and rip some lips! I'm only on the other side if Screven county from S. Carolina.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.