Fly Tying
Bryon Anderson

The Unsung Bug Swap

Not my swap fshng2 but scuds are something we all have a row of in our boxes and I'm thinking he wants something that falls INTO or ONTO the water not normally found in our fly boxes. I'd love to see your moth but I already have rows of scuds. Just my thinking on the swap. I'd love to have one of your scuds tho since everyone seems to make them come out nicer than mine do, but 'gills still eat mine so I'm okay with that.

Not my swap fshng2 but scuds are something we all have a row of in our boxes and I'm thinking he wants something that falls INTO or ONTO the water not normally found in our fly boxes. I'd love to see your moth but I already have rows of scuds. Just my thinking on the swap. I'd love to have one of your scuds tho since everyone seems to make them come out nicer than mine do, but 'gills still eat mine so I'm okay with that.

I see now, somehow I overlooked the part about falling into the water.

Thanks for clearing that up.

So...I'm in and will tie a moth.

Hey -- sorry about my lag in response time, guys - I lit straight out from work for "Up North" to do a little camping and fishing after work on Friday and just got home about an hour ago. Great response to the swap so far! I'm psyched to see all these patterns! I've updated my original post to reflect everyone who's currently in --If I missed anyone, let me know. Vicrider, the pictures you posted looked like moth patterns to me, so I put "Moth" by your name on the list--if that's not right, let me know and I'll change it to whatever you want. Add147, a cicada is absolutely okay! Fshng2, I would agree with Vicrider re: scuds -- they're great patterns but a moth is more the kind of thing I was hoping for in this swap, so I put you down for a moth. That makes 3 moth patterns in the swap, but that's more than okay! We'll each have a different spin on it, so it's all good.

3 more spots left--I'll leave sign-up open through the rest of the weekend at least; maybe Monday, too. Final count will be announced and PMs will go out to all participants with my mailing address before I go to bed Monday night.

Thanks to all who have joined! I'm really looking forward to this swap.

Bryon

I'm in. I will be tying a spruce moth. The good lord willing it will look something that looks like this Spruce%25233.jpg

Hey -- sorry about my lag in response time, guys - I lit straight out from work for "Up North" to do a little camping and fishing after work on Friday and just got home about an hour ago. Great response to the swap so far! I'm psyched to see all these patterns! I've updated my original post to reflect everyone who's currently in --If I missed anyone, let me know. Vicrider, the pictures you posted looked like moth patterns to me, so I put "Moth" by your name on the list--if that's not right, let me know and I'll change it to whatever you want. Add147, a cicada is absolutely okay! Fshng2, I would agree with Vicrider re: scuds -- they're great patterns but a moth is more the kind of thing I was hoping for in this swap, so I put you down for a moth. That makes 3 moth patterns in the swap, but that's more than okay! We'll each have a different spin on it, so it's all good.

3 more spots left--I'll leave sign-up open through the rest of the weekend at least; maybe Monday, too. Final count will be announced and PMs will go out to all participants with my mailing address before I go to bed Monday night.

Thanks to all who have joined! I'm really looking forward to this swap.

Bryon

Bryon, you missed Henrik Thomsen (DK)

he was the third I'm in.

Thanks for hosting the swap, this should be a good one.

Count me in (I think there is still room). Not sure what I'll tie right now, but I'll come up with something.

he was the third I'm in.

Thanks for the heads-up there fshng2 -- Henrik, sorry about that! You are definitely in!

PIca and Professori, the last two spots are yours--we have a full swap gentlemen! Let the tying begin.

Thanks to everyone for joining, this should be a fun one. Can't wait to see the the bugs. :)

I am going to do my version of the stealth bomber. The bass and the gills thinks a moth. Have not fished it as a trout fly might have to try it this summer.

I am going to do my version of the stealth bomber. The bass and the gills thinks a moth. Have not fished it as a trout fly might have to try it this summer.

Sounds good Eugward, I've got you down for the Stealth Bomber.

he was the third I'm in.

Thanks for the heads-up there fshng2 -- Henrik, sorry about that! You are definitely in!

PIca and Professori, the last two spots are yours--we have a full swap gentlemen! Let the tying begin.

Thanks to everyone for joining, this should be a fun one. Can't wait to see the the bugs. :)

Nice. ;-)

All abdomen are done. Have yet to find out how I will do thorax and head.

Got some ideas.

H

Black Laced McGintys are buzzing their way to you. Thanks for hosting.

Thanks Bob, I will keep an eye out for them and will let you know when they arrive.