Fly Tying
vicrider

The Red, White and Blue of July Monthly Swap

Crackleback, great little streamers. I really like these. Small streamers have always been one of my favorites. Hope everyone's finishing up soon.

Mine in the mail since Monday. I apologize, I finished them up Thursday and got distracted by a tile laying project at home and forgot that I had not mailed them! urgh ... anyway, you should get them any moment.

Also streamers, good for trout but also work well with smallmouth bass.

DJTrout and Breambuster have arrived with a streamer and a nymph in nicely tied red/white/blue design. BB also sent a surprise gift of feathers that will be much appreciated. Turkey hunter maybe?

Actually, pheasant hunter maybe?

Joseph, I'll double check my arrivals in a short time and post here. Did you perchance save #. I was way late in swap and routing # showed they were delivered. They were but to wrong (old) address. Saving #s can make some things easier.

Sorry Joseph, no flies. Doublechecked what I have and looked all around floor where they sit. Let me do a mail run tomorrow for one last shot and then IF you want you can sit this one out or do like Bambudday who is caught up in moving and do a double shift on next month. If PO screws us up I don't think a person should have to do a double to fix that but if you have time and materials that would be fine. I'd send you this month's flies either way. I'll PM you first thing in the afternoon and let you know if they snuck in in last couple of days.

Joseph, hit the PO early and our friendly gal went thru the packages that weren't sorted yet. That was why I said tomorrow afternoon. Packages are the last to go out and seldom before 11;00 of so. Anyway, found a package and was all excited until I found out it was the Clouser swap coming. Then even more excited.

Just let me what you want me to do. I'm still short a couple of packages but if you want to just wait and double up next month that's fine, or if you just want to skip this month that's okay. I've been in swaps with you long enough to say if you sent it, YOU DID. I'll still send you our monthly flies and just get back into it next month.

Okay, we're finally all in. I'll try to get pics done and send these on their way over next couple of days. No need to hurry since we'll soon be a full month behind the fly arrivals anyway. This will be a nice set of very colorful and seasonal flies, and all are fishable and not just decorative.

Okay, they'll go out tomorrow. I will try to get pics but have't had a chance yet. Got some kind of upper respiratory thing going on and taking a lot out of me including a box of Kleenex a day. Sorting went really easy this trip. Labeling getting better and less fall offs to deal with. Always a few. This is a nice set matching the theme but a few are small enough you really have to look to see it's r/w/b. A good mix from small nymph and chironomid to medium streamers.

There is one short on this trip and bambudday will send this month and next month and you'll get the extra next month.

Received mine today. Definitely a class collection; fun to fish!

Got my flies yesterday, a nice little collection for all sorts of fishing. Have caught a few fish with the flies from last years July swap, and I think these will do just as well.