Fly Tying
jd1983

Brook Trout Favorites Swap

jd, mine should be there. Sent two for everyone and hate to see them lost. Just lately there seems to be more trouble with post. I'll look for routing # but don't think I put it away like I should have. Think it got thrown with groceries bags and receipt. Let me know. Time is short to get another bunch tied up. Used up all but a few hooks I like for that size too.

Hey Vic, what day did you send those flies? I was hoping they would be in the mailbox today but nothing showed. You didn't accidentally send them to my Joplin address, correct?

Jeff, I guess I have to quit sending anything until I make sure I have address updated. I everyone moving? I did send them to an address in Joplin MO I think. I don't see that I asked you for an address so I would have used the one in my fly book, which is in Joplin. Will they get rerouted or did they show up somewhere else?

We should still be in our forwarding time, so hopefully they are rerouted and headed to TN. I sent everyone my new address at the start of the swap but forgot that you were a late add. Sorry about that.

Yeah, yours is one I can't find routing # on. Sounds like I sent Eastern Fly to the wrong addy too. I keep a book of addresses but you guys move around too often.

My flies went in the mail this morning. I tied the nymphs that i mentioned and also tied some dries. The dries aren't my absolute favorites but they do work. The reason that i like them so well is that they are easy and quick to tie so it is a good little fly to use in tight places where there is a good chance you will leave it hanging in a limb hanging over the creek. I would much rather loose a fly that only takes a couple of minutes to tie than one that is complicated and takes a while to tie.

Waiting to see if anything comes in today. Our mail doesn't arrive until late afternoon. Down to 5 days until the due date!

It would be a shame if youi have to ship without mine. Not that anyone would have a great loss without some of my flies but I did take the time to tie size 10 Mickey Finns and Hairwing Royal Coachman. Time, hooks and material would be a shame to lose and those really were the flies that caught me a lot of brookies in MN and WI. The 9-12" perfect eating sized brookies (yes...eating) just couldn't pass up shiny trinkets. The bigger ones (they went back) weren't quite so dumb and anxious. Muddler caught a few bigger ones but mini-spinners on UL spinning took most of those from 14" up. Sorry, but they did get released.

jfinn, where was ya'? I spent a lot of time up there. I fished a lot in Vilas County, drank a lot everywhere up there, spent some time around Lake Namekagon with all it's Leinkugels signs. Then my folks moved to a cabin we had between Bayfiend and Washburn and spent lots of time there. Had a charter boat on Lake Superior and we'd often put in on the north shore (I lived in Finland MN and had a bait shop) and troll our way across to Cornacopia. Loved that country but they shut down Reserve Mining and ended having to go back to school, then move to the Twin Cities.

jfinn, where was ya'? I spent a lot of time up there. I fished a lot in Vilas County, drank a lot everywhere up there, spent some time around Lake Namekagon with all it's Leinkugels signs. Then my folks moved to a cabin we had between Bayfiend and Washburn and spent lots of time there. Had a charter boat on Lake Superior and we'd often put in on the north shore (I lived in Finland MN and had a bait shop) and troll our way across to Cornacopia. Loved that country but they shut down Reserve Mining and ended having to go back to school, then move to the Twin Cities.

I was in the Medford area. At the in laws grandparents. I didn't catch anything of significance but my 5 year old caught an 18" LMB without any assistance.

Netabrookie's and DavidHE's flies came in today and look great. Excited for the set we are building here.

Vic - I'll be disappointed if yours don't find their way here. I'm still holding out hope that the mail forwarding will get them here. As for the brookies you caught, if I get a 9" - 12" one where I fish here, that is an absolute monster!