Fly Tying
jd1983

Brook Trout Favorites Swap

So, who is interested in keeping our swap going for a little bit by collectively catching 1 brookie on each of the flies tied? That might be easier to do than one person going alone (though I am still going to try). If you catch a brookie with on of the flies, get a photo showing the fly in the fish's mouth and post it up. What do you all say?

I got my flies in today! They all look great in person. Probably one of the best swaps I've been in yet as far as quality goes. I'll hopefully be out for a few hours on Saturday, so if I catch some, I'll post some pics.

I wasn't able to get out last weekend due to weather. Did anyone else try these flies? I'm excited to fish them but it may not be for a couple weeks now...

I caught a few fish including a couple on flies from this swap (by a few I mean I hardly caught a 1/10 of what I might normally get)... Last weeks heat wave combined with heavy rains last Friday did a number on the fishing. The Kennebec was to rough to safely wade, I did go up to my knees without getting knocked off my feet but only caught 1 fish, and the smaller rivers were right up in the grass and the water quality was pretty low. Biggest brookie of the weekend was caught by my buddy, 9 1/2 in. on a yellow stimulator that I had tied, I caught some small one's on jd's yellow stimulator and vicrider's coachmen. Was a very slow weekend. Maybe Labor Day will be better.