Fly Tying
jd1983

Brook Trout Favorites Swap

Got everybody in that has signed up so far. Looks like a great set of flies shaping up.

flyfishingdom, I know people from the driftless area that would chase you with burning torches for releasing the Pink Squirrel to the world. Now there's going to be trout in many states succombing to the almost magical powers of the Pink Squirrel in all it's glory. Some people say it's close to using live bait for the attractive powers it presents to the trout and when trout who have never seen it before some might be injured trying to beat the one to the bait. Of course, the biggest trout in the stream will normally push the smaller 16" out of the way to get at the Squirrel so throwing back a bunch of little fish under 20" is seldom a problem.

And I am just spoofing ya' but it is sure popular in that part of the country and haven't heard much about it anywhere else for some reason. Should catch fish anywhere though.

I'll join if there is still room. I'll tie a local Driftless area attraction nymph call the "Pink Squirrel".

That was my best fly last season and so far this season I only got one trout in early season with it. The purple haze has been my Driftless master this season.

Vicrider, that is just too funny. Lol. I had to get a bigger net when I discovered the pink squirrel!!! I will occasionally use other flies, but only after I clean out all the 20 inchers with the squirrel. Haha

I'll join if there is still room. I'll tie a local Driftless area attraction nymph call the "Pink Squirrel".

Hopefully you have a enough materials to tie them. It isn't easy to come across the pink squirrel.

post-16687-0-17709700-1436898334_thumb.png

Hopefully you have a enough materials to tie them. It isn't easy to come across the pink squirrel.

attachicon.gifpink squirell.PNG

haha. Spray paint and sharpies....

Sorry I haven't said much lately. I went from camping with my kids to a vacation in Charleston and just haven't spent much time online. In fact, I'm currently sitting on a fishing pier in the cove between Mt Pleasant and Sullivan's Island trying to add some blue crabs to our catch before we head out.

Everyone should have gotten a PM with my shipping address. Let me know if you don't get it.

Everyone should have gotten a PM with my shipping address. Let me know if you don't get it.