Fly Tying
JSzymczyk

Chattanooga

I'm retired military. I work for DoD. I work very hard for causes I believe in. Earlier in the year we were officially instructed to scrub any social media of information regarding our past and present military affiliations, lest we become easy targets. I do not wear my service record as a status symbol, because to me, and to the vast majority of people similar to me, we just did our duty- a duty we believed in from the depths of our very souls. My chest full of medals with Operational Distinguishing Devices prove the hard work of everyone around me and those who respected me as a leader, not the hard work of me.

Then the Chinese successfully stole incredibly detailed information about 21.5 million of us. Anyone who has ever completed a background investigation pertaining to a security clearance knows what that information entails. Today, once again, Military blood has saturated US soil in an atrocity perpetrated by a subhuman creature with a distinctive name. The "media" is telling us to refrain from making any hasty determinations as to the motive. I do not pretend t know the actual motive, but I do believe the principle of Occam's Razor.

I have friends, brothers and sisters, many of whom are participants of this site who are Airmen, Coasties, Marines, Sailors, and Soldiers. I will no longer give a second thought to showing my colors, to standing for my brothers and sisters, and sons and daughters and fathers and cousins.

"Hide" my military history, a history that my family and I endured for core beliefs and core values, often sacrificing those very liberties and rights givein to us by our Creator and guaranteed to us by our Founders.. to protect and defend the Constitution of the United Stated against ALL enemies- foreign and domestic.... yeah, anyone who expects me to "hide" that can kiss my ass.

So, listen up any cowardly, filthy animal out there who has a problem with me or my brothers and sisters in arms, I'm right F*ing here. If you want some, come get some. Even if I am blotted out in the end, WE will still win. Service members die. They VOLUNTEER to serve us with the full, clear, 100% understanding that they have to go out, but they don't have to come home. So, to the little sniveling piss-ant limp-d**k no-account maggots who think they are able to make a point by committing an atrocity such as Chattanooga, which displayed astoundingly monumental cowardice, all I have left to say is: BRING IT.

I wasn't going to comment on here ... but now I must. I am in total agreement with JSzymczyk.

I am disappointed that wschmitt3 feels the way he does. If he felt that way, he shouldn't have gotten into the military in the first place.

As an enlisted Marine, I fought in Kuwait/Iraq during Desert Storm. NOTHING we did was ANYTHING like the cowardly, filthy animal, sniveling piss-ant, limp-d**k no-account maggots (read: Radical Islamist) do when they shoot through the windows of a recruiting depot.

And then to request censorship of this post on "The Lodge" section of this site ... well, that's exactly why Chattanooga will be repeated elsewhere ... because people don't want to talk about it.

"... when it becomes a racist rant it becomes shameful and pathetic."

No racist rant has been presented on this thread, until you brought it up. The original post/rant was about radical muslims/islamist ... no one else. The original post did not recommend glassing over all the "sand nations" as I like to call them. You're "counter-rant" was the first mention of it, and as usual when the word "racism" is used, it was a over reaction to a patriotic view.

"... illegal occupation was and what repeated crimes against humanity..."

America did NOT OCCUPY Irag ... and never had any inclination to do so. But war does have it's casualties. I will not argue with you, since obviously, you feel you did something wrong and nothing I say can change that. But I will say that there are very few "innocent" people and anyone who fought against you was an enemy combatant, regardless of how old they were or what you felt their intentions were.

Now, what was addressed in the original post, was the fact that radical islamist ... radical jihadist ... radical muslims ... and especially homegrown terrorist (traitors) ... anyone who attacks non-combatants intentionally, and by shooting them when they are unable to protect themselves ... those are cowards. They are the lowest of humanity and even deserve the title of sub-human savages. They are rapist, stealing the lives of truly innocent people who cannot protect themselves at the time of their murder.

i don't care either way on how the wars from the past 14 yrs has effected you. this is a forum about fly fishing and fly tying, PERIOD!!!! do you think that ANY internatiional member wants to see US vets get into a p***ing match or this??

end all of this now!! for F sakes after 14 yrs of war, have you not realized that NO ONE WINS!!

Steve, you need to wipe this thread before this it kills this board!!

Post removed...

I regret getting involved in this. I try so hard to avoid talking about this stuff with people in the real world I don't know why I displayed such bad judgment here.

Yeah, you're right Artimus. Don't talk about it and it will just go away. Chattanooga was just a fluke and nothing like it will ever happen again.

we had two soldiers killed here in Canada in lone wolf attacks. by far the most hideous was the killing of Cpl. Nathan Cirillo at our national war memorial. as hideous and cowardly as that was (he was shot in the back), i didn't see one Canadian go off the rails on this site about it. out in the open on this site is not the place to have these types of conversations.

i could be mistaken, but i do believe that threads such as this are against forum policy.

As a former Army Veteran all i'm going to say is Thank You JSzymczyk and mikechell for speaking out on this.I agree with you 100%.

I totally agree with your post JSzymczyk . The purpose of The Lodge is for anything "off topic". Lately, Artimus you have posted these crazy 12 year old style rants on several threads when the subject offended you. They seem uncharacteristically different from your usual postings. If you were civil in your responses, it may make your discourse more credible. I hope that nothing is affecting you personally. I know of several members who had crazy after midnight rambles that were due to personal issues.

Americais internally under attack. Muslims, The New Black Panthers, Criminal Gangs, The White Supremist Religious Right, Mexican drug gangs, and others. Externally it faces many attacks and challenges in the world. ISIS is bringing the war to our country and others.

Our country is so politically correct that we do not want to assign an offensive motive to crimes. We are told not to speculate on themotive in Chatanooga. When Muslim doctor at Fort Hood killed soldiers in a premeditated attack it was classified as a work place violence incident. Both were acts of terrorism and war.

God bless our troops and the sacrifices they have and will in the future continue to make.

all i could of hoped for was this thread to get lost of the bowels of this forum, seeings how deleting/locking was not an option.. instead i see it resurrected with my name in the first paragraph. sigh......

first off, i get this whole BFFB (brothers forever/forever my brother) mentality. soldiers, cops and bikers all march to the same beat. i know this from my own personal life experience. i'll leave it to the imagination of the reader to figure out which boots i've worn.

troutguy: if your going to be calling me out for ranting like a 12 yr old, you'd better be bringing examples to the table. seeings how you know my posting style, you know that ambiguous statements don't fly with me.as my dad was fond of saying, "if you got something stuck in your craw jimmy; spit it out."

"I know of several members who had crazy after midnight rambles that were due to personal issues." i think that the original post definitely fits this criteria. not to split hairs here, because this is the internet after all,,,,,, the posts in question were all done before midnight, lol.

"MuslimsRadical Islam, The New Black Panthers, Criminal Gangs (mafia, biker, street), The White Supremacist, Religious Right, Radical Left, Mexican drug gangs, and others." i have added a few more (in red). this is a pretty accurate list of identifiable groups that that are terrorizing people in North America today. i'll leave it for everyone to do their own Googling to figure out which identifiable group has the highest body count, most $$$$ allotted for resources (federal/provincial/municipal), and the truly identifiable impact each group has on the community around us.

are there places for topics such as this on the net? there sure are. there are comment sections for almost every media outlet, in all colours of the political spectrum. you can post for or against depending on your mood of the day. there are forum boards dedicated to topics such as this. here you will find more birds of a feather. i'll leave it up to our dear readers to find their particular brand of poison. a forum dedicated to fly tying/fishing that is visited by people from all corners of the globe isn't that place, imo.

Canada and the UK have both dealt with our own brands of homegrown radical Islam terror; and yet not ONE member from the UK or Canadian went off the rails about it on this site; vetern, civvie or otherwise. obviously i've missed the point here as to how Americans are different in this respect; so somebody please explain the difference here. i think that this answer should make for some interesting reading.

as a final thought......... don't' be surprised to find sh!t on your doorstep, after you've p!ssed in someone's sandbox.