Fly Tying
mikechell

Just how "barbless" do I need to be???

Manitoba, Canada is a barbless province. It only applies to flies or lures tied onto a rod whether it's in the water or not.

Driving from location to location with a barbed fly tied on your line could result in a fine. Don't know if this helps in your area.

show the warden what's on your line.

what is in your box is your business.

FUNNNNNY! I hope you bring bail money when you tell the game warden that! I met my oldest son at some public land , maybe Smith Cove in Georgia a few years ago You signedup to fish. You had to have reservations. They gave you a talk before you went out. They explained that te possession of any barbed flies was a ticket. My advice, don't ask the license agent, call the state law enforcement division an write down the name of who you spoke with.

show the warden what's on your line.

what is in your box is your business.

FUNNNNNY! I hope you bring bail money when you tell the game warden that! I met my oldest son at some public land , maybe Smith Cove in Georgia a few years ago You signedup to fish. You had to have reservations. They gave you a talk before you went out. They explained that te possession of any barbed flies was a ticket. My advice, don't ask the license agent, call the state law enforcement division an write down the name of who you spoke with.

what is funny is a forum of adults living in the free world that have no idea what their basic rights are. as most everywhere else in the free world you have a right to privacy. for Canadians; this is section 8 of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms. this translates very simply to having the right to privacy and the right to "refuse consent to a search, or answer any questions".

in over 10 yrs. i have not given consent(surrendered my rights) to a cop, for anything. i refuse to provide ID (carding), i refuse to consent to search of anything that is mine, and in general i refuse to answer any questions. i have yet to be, fined, charged or imprisoned. worst that i could be guilty of is, 'contempt of cop'. fortunately there is no formal charge for this, lol.

now for troutguy, or anyone else...... UNLESS YOU CAN PROVIDE A LINK TO SHOWS THAT YOU'VE SURRENDERED YOUR RIGHTS TO FISH FOR YOUR REGION, QUIT TELLING PEOPLE THAT THEY HAVE NO RIGHTS!!! as for the LEO's that are posting to this thread stating as such,,,,,,,, you already know what i think of your type.

the long and the short for you Mike,,,, mash the barb on the fly that you are fishing with, have the tools to mash barbs as needed, exercise your rights, and enjoy your new fishing spot (where ever that might be).

from the fishing regs for ONT...

– Conservation officers enforce fisheries regulations in the Province of Ontario. They have powers of inspection, arrest, search and seizure under the various statutes they enforce,including the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act and the Fisheries Act
When carrying out their duties, conservation officers may:
• Stop and inspect a vehicle, boat or aircraft
• Ask questions relevant to the inspection
• Inspect buildings or other places
• Require assistance to complete inspections
• Enter onto private property to perform their duties
• Search with a warrant
• Search without a warrant in circumstances requiring immediate action
• Seize items related to an offence
• Arrest anyone they believe has committed, is committing, or is about to commit an offence.
no where here, or anywhere else in the fishing regs does it say that i have to answer questions, nor that i've surrender my rights to fish.

i think he said he's going to California not Canada

Canadian regulations are irrelevant in California

i think he said he's going to California not Canada

Canadian regulations are irrelevant in California

UNLESS YOU CAN PROVIDE A LINK TO SHOWS THAT YOU'VE SURRENDERED YOUR RIGHTS TO FISH FOR YOUR REGION

did you miss this part of my post??

my general rule of thumb is, if a LEO can't see it, it doesn't exist. and the last thing i will ever do is self-incriminate myself.

NOBODY IS SURRENDERING ANY RIGHTS!

Canadian regulations are still irrelevant in California and the rest of the USA

fine then .......

dig through the regs and rights for fishing in California/USA and provide a post stating that i am wrong. otherwise you have no argument.

i provided the regs from my province to show something. "• Ask questions relevant to the inspection ", there is no addition that says i have to answer those questions.

• Search with a warrant
• Search without a warrant in circumstances requiring immediate action
no where here does it say that i must give consent for search.
edit: removed barb.
Edited by artimus001

Mike,

It has been said before but I would call and check with the wardens ahead of time, I have been in places (not fishing just hiking through) where possession of barbed hooks was not allowed when fishing and I've also been places where the as long as the hook on the end of the line was barbless you were good.

i wonder how many of you would be just as quick to tell a CO that you have a flask (open container) of alcohol on your person.

i wonder how many of you would you flash your fly box to a dude that walks up on you, and basically demanded to see what you were fishing with.

Or just play it safe and go barbless on all the flies you bring with you.

or play it super safe and don't go fishing at all.

I wish there was an emote of someone slapping themselves alongside their (own)face. (or one heaving a big 'sigh'... lol)

BCT

doh.gif