Fly Tying
Roland58

What are "Warning Points?"

Would someone please explain why my posts have a category of "Warning Points" under my name and number of posts? On a good note, it does say that I have "0 Warning Points."

Roland, practically every new member asks this question.

The warning points are for nude photos. If you post some of unattractive people, you get 1000 warning points per photo. If you get 5000 warning points, you are forced to clean all the moderators bathrooms for one week.

If you post some of attractive people, you get one warning point per photo. (this is a family site, you know)

Actually, the warning points seem to be some left over from the origination of the site, and I don't think they are ever used.

As far as the number of posts ... that's just an accounting of how active you are. Some of us have waaaay too much time on our hands.

It's kinda helpful... we just got a post from someone on his first visit to the site over on another thread. It didn't make sense to me, and until he/she identifies themselves, by either visiting the "Introduce Yourself" forum, or by beefing up his/her profile (or both), I have to assume he/she is a spammer. If you look through the membership (just look at the past few days birthdays) you will find our membership is full of people who only posted once, usually just for kicks, or maybe hoping to meet a future hubby/wife, etc.

You had me going there for a second or two........I thought I had a use for all those nude fish pics!! I appreciate the responses, especially the funny ones!

Well, I changed the notifications to "Daily Digest" and I still have Warning Points. What should be checked?

Nothing, we all have the "warning points" below our avatar. But it will never show points on it ... unless, of course, you post those photos I wrote about earlier.

You can see my warning points at the bottom of mine ...

We use the same software at Swedish Edgeflyfishing.com and this question has been so common there too, so we chose to hide it so you cannot even see your own. "Warning points" is only a note that is set in admin's control panel. It is used for keeping track of how many times or how hard admin has wipped someone's fingers. Some forums use it to give conseqvent treatment. A routine we have at Edgeflyfishing forum is one warning point first violation, a second warning point plus two week ban for second violation and two year ban for the third violation. The reason that a member only see his own is that he doesn't need to know the warning status of others. "0 warning points" means nothing more than that the administrator hasn't had a reason to edit it in the admin CP.

We use the same software at Swedish Edgeflyfishing.com and this question has been so common there too, so we chose to hide it so you cannot even see your own. "Warning points" is only a note that is set in admin's control panel. It is used for keeping track of how many times or how hard admin has wipped someone's fingers. Some forums use it to give conseqvent treatment. A routine we have at Edgeflyfishing forum is one warning point first violation, a second warning point plus two week ban for second violation and two year ban for the third violation. The reason that a member only see his own is that he doesn't need to know the warning status of others. "0 warning points" means nothing more than that the administrator hasn't had a reason to edit it in the admin CP.

Kind of like the no nonsense attitude of the Swedes toward driving drunk. BAC of 0.02 and you are drunk in Sweden. Don't drink and drive in Sweden and don't speed in Finland if you are superwealthy.

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2015/03/finland-home-of-the-103000-speeding-ticket/387484/

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/multimillionaire-faces-130-000-speeding-ticket-article-1.1486072

Thank you, both, Gentlemen,

That explains everything. I am new to this forum and had not seen anything like that before. I was hoping that I had not violated some law that I was not aware of. I'll maintain my mantra that everyone is a friend until they prove otherwise!

Roland, practically every new member asks this question.

The warning points are for nude photos. If you post some of unattractive people, you get 1000 warning points per photo. If you get 5000 warning points, you are forced to clean all the moderators bathrooms for one week.

If you post some of attractive people, you get one warning point per photo. (this is a family site, you know)

Actually, the warning points seem to be some left over from the origination of the site, and I don't think they are ever used.

As far as the number of posts ... that's just an accounting of how active you are. Some of us have waaaay too much time on our hands.

Leave it to mikechell...He can always make me laugh!!!! Maybe one day our paths will cross...