Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Goose77

Hello from Brighton, IA

Hi everyone. My name is Ed and I've been fly fishing and tying for about 50 years or so. I retired from my work as an Orthopedic surgeon about a year and a half ago. It was a really busy 30 years in there. I got to tie and fish some...and also hunt here at home quite a bit. But really, work and family were the main priorities. I don't regret that...my wife [fishin' buddy] and family are strong, so I'm a lucky dude. At any rate, through time I've really wanted to be a good tyer...but that takes time. Time I didn't have. When I quit work I just jumped into it full time...really a passion. I've always done alot of deerhair work, and that, and topwater stuff is truly a favorite. Now with the extra time, the tying has really come around...it is fun and gratifying to make good stuff. I've been raiding this site for quite a while, and really like it...you guys are very respectful and the talent is amazing. I thought I better join...never have done this kind of thing before. Heck, I don't even know how to post pictures. But I'm very grateful to be a part of this. God bless you all. Cheers, Ed

Welcome Ed. I agree we have some amazingly talented and knowledgeable members, from all over the globe, but I can attest to the fact that not all of us are so talented (your's truly being proof). :-)

I'm sure we will learn a lot from your input. For posting pics, click on the "More Reply Options" box and follow your nose. Let us know if you still need help. We'd like to see some of your flies (and steal your patterns). Also on the home page of this forum there are some instructions about posting pics that might help.

Thank you for your welcome and FlaFly thank you for your advice. Dealing with new people all the time must be nuts for you experienced folks. Cheers, Ed

Sometimes it is irksome when someone asks a question that was just asked yesterday. :-) On the other hand the reason we're here is to help each other. We can't expect others to help us if we aren't willing to help others. There isn't a single question anyone can ask that hasn't been already asked and answered over and over in the life of this forum. By all means, do your research, but do not be afraid or ashamed to ask a question.

Best wishes, and nice fishes!