Fly Tying
KOKOEK9

what is this

I bought this skin at a yard sale, but don't know what it is it is a little redder than the picture the white streaks are where hair has been removed it is well tanned. nice and soft

post-49017-0-40090200-1439940870_thumb.jpg

post-49017-0-45932800-1439940906_thumb.jpg

It looks natural, whatever it is. Rabbit is very fine and fluffy, and it's certainly the right size for a rabbit. If it were dyed, it would be the same color throughout.

OK I opened up this board to see what is going on today. I see Mikechell is the last person to post on a thread, "What is this?" I just knew, just knew. Yep,.....I just knew.

On a serious note. What someone said about skin color is a very important point. People selling hackle necks to the uneducated will sell "natural" blue dun necks. peak at the back and you can tell. If it looks sandpapered you are really getting hosed.

Hard to tell from the photo, but your skin is possibly not a rabbit. It may be a hare. It could be a brown domestic rabbit though. Nice skin.

It will make great rabbit strips and much dubbing.

Hi, the skin is very soft and a little reddish, it is about the size of a large rabbit, from neck to back is about 13" to legs about 17