Fly Tying
add147

***Halloween Swap - Scary Spiders***

Well my fishing is about to curtail some since fall is not to far off. September 1st is my big day since I love to dove hunt. Anyway since cooler weather is hopefully not to far off in the distance and Halloween will be here before we know it I am looking for 12 tiers to tie some sort of spider fly. It can be a big ole hairy scary spider or a itty bitty spider doesn't really matter as long as it is a spider. Color and material doesn't matter as long as it is a spider. A floating or sinking one doesn't matter as long as it is a spider. I am thinking of a due date around mid October such as the 16th or the 23rd. We need 12 tiers and regular swap rules apply. All flies sent in need to have return postage envelope, your name and forum handle on the container, and toe tags please on the flies. I will keep everyone updated throughout the swap and post pictures of the flies when they are returned. I hope we can get some really kick *ss flies! Don't be scared...Sign on up!!!!

SM- add147
1. gatorfly Messaged to check on status 10/27/2015 PROBABLY NOT PARTICIPATING NEVER HEARD BACK FROM AFTER MESSAGING
2. mikechell *(mailing address sent 9/4/2015)* received 9/14/2015
3. planecrazy29 PROBABLY NOT PARTICIPATING HAS NOT LOG ON SITE SINCE 8/20/2015
4. Dorado received
5. joseph russell received
6. PJ2 *(mailing address sent 9/8/2015)* received 10/7/2015
7. Jolly Red *(mailing address sent 8/29/15)* received 9/3/2015
8. djd3mon *(mailing address sent 9/4/2015)* received 9/23/2015
9. Tyme Keeper *(mailing address sent 9/21/2015)* Messaged to check on status 10/27/2015 **Mailed 10/30/2015** received 11/03/2015
10. vicrider received 9/11/2015
11. foambug *(mailing address sent 9/14/2015)* received
12. Kentuckysteve *(mailing address sent 9/4/2015)* received 9/11/2015

************SWAP IS FULL***************

Does the Northern Spider count? It's essentially an oversize soft hackle with limited and long hackle. Or do you want something looking more like the spiders that invade my porch every night and lay out big webs, then pack them up and go home during the day.

Okay, scratch the North Country Spider style and seems like other spidery critters are called for. Think I'll skip this one but maybe run the one Green asked about.

Nick

Dag Nabbit !!!
I really didn't think I'd want to do another swap after the Mouse one. But here I am thinking up spider patterns.

I'm in if you'll have me. I can't guarantee a fish-able fly ... but it'll fit your requirements, it WILL be a spider.

Does the Northern Spider count? It's essentially an oversize soft hackle with limited and long hackle. Or do you want something looking more like the spiders that invade my porch every night and lay out big webs, then pack them up and go home during the day.

Okay, scratch the North Country Spider style and seems like other spidery critters are called for. Think I'll skip this one but maybe run the one Green asked about.

Nick

Nick,

Feel free to jump in with the Northern Spider!!!! It is a spider so you are good...

gatorfly

mikechell

planecrazy29

Y'all are in...As I stated as long as it is some sort of spider you are good. Nick's fly in my opinion is a spider so hopefully he'll change his mind and join. I'll message you my mailing address later on in the future.

Dag Nabbit !!!

I really didn't think I'd want to do another swap after the Mouse one. But here I am thinking up spider patterns.

I'm in if you'll have me. I can't guarantee a fish-able fly ... but it'll fit your requirements, it WILL be a spider.

Looks like you are hooked now since you participated in that Mouse Swap! LOL LOL

I've suddenly thinking about spider patterns, so I will try to come up for one for this swap. Count me in.

Sign me up please - I will be tying a black widow spider

are you looking for this?

Black%20Widow%20Spider.jpg

or this

wets.jpg

or this

$(KGrHqMOKiUE14p)qYv,BNgp888U2w~~_35.JPG

flytire,

Those are all flies that look like spiders to me. Jump on in buddy!!!