Fly Tying
add147

***Halloween Swap - Scary Spiders***

Well, some businesses have a "Christmas in July" deal ... I guess we'll be doing "Halloween at Christmas".

How's the pneumonia and backlogged work, Add?

Sorry everyone...I finally was able to get caught up with work and other crap since I was down for those 2 weeks being sick. Everyone's flies will be going out in the morning!!! Here's pictures of our flies and I think everyone did on outstanding job. Once again I apologize for being so late with this swap but when one is sick there's just not a lot one can do. I hope each of you and your family has a Great and Blessed Thanksgiving. Also for those of you are are veterans thank you for your service and may you enjoy your Veteran's Day!

IMG_0127_zpsjik2ybs2.jpg

IMG_0149_zpsltmdaeml.jpg

IMG_0137_zpsbwad2k3d.jpg

IMG_0147_zpshdxjp75f.jpg

IMG_0134_zps0xpiboy6.jpg

IMG_0145_zpsucb9tr7z.jpg

IMG_0131_zpskc8iiqro.jpg

IMG_0142_zpslsxf433o.jpg

IMG_0141_zpsh2pxea7q.jpg

IMG_0138_zpsvmijdwdp.jpg

IMG_0152_zpsxvk7lhml.jpg

Great looking set of spiders. Keep the extra flys for yourself. hope youre feeling better.

Very cool set of spiders, from classic spiders to modern foam. Looking forward to seeing them side by side.

Of course, I'll be waiting another two weeks before I get to see them in person. Houston Business trip started today. Sitting in the hotel room right now.

All the packages were sent out today. Everyone has a tracking number so if you do not get yours please message me and I will shoot you the tracking number. I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for participating in the swap and once again I deeply apologize for running late but you know I was sick. Hope everyone enjoys the flies!!!

Add, much as I hated to hear about your bout with the bugs it did prompt me to get off my butt and swing by the doc's office and get my flu shot and this year I got a pneumonia shot too. Don't remember last time for pneumonia so got that. Keep meaning to ask my brother if he remembers us having chickenpox. If we did have it as kids I might as well get the Shingles shot too. That's some nasty stuff to deal with.

I still need to get my flu shot! I am fortunate that I get mine at work free and have taken one for I imagine for the last 28 years now. I am going to hold off a few more days just to make sure there are no ill effects from having pneumonia. I am a firm believer that the flu shot helps!!!

Well, a bunch of spiders crawled into my house today. Opened the box and had to pull out a bunch of cobwebs to get at some of the flies guys tied. This will be a great bunch of 'gill bugs I'm sure and great job to all. Just all those barbs me and Mike have to crush down.

Mine showed up in the mail today, and all of them look very good. Should have a lot of fun with these next spring.

Just all those barbs me and Mike have to crush down.

Or not!

Maybe, by the time I get home to see mine, they barbs will have fallen off ... I here they do that when they get older.

I am glad that everyone is beginning to get their flies! Once again I apologize for them being so late!!! Having that pneumonia really knocked me on my butt. Got my bill from the hospital the lab and CT scan was $1638.28. Oh well I will just pay it out...

Add ... thank you for hosting the swap. Getting sick isn't something you need to apologize for.

I kind of jinxed the first swap I was in by accidentally setting the number of swappers with my post.

Then I join your swap and you get seriously ill.

Perhaps I am a gremlin for swaps. I'm going to stay out of them, just in case.

awwww mikechell don't let a let a little thing like this from stopping you participating in swaps. Since you are in Florida a lot of your flies can be used here in East Texas. Reconsider buddy!