Fly Tying
vicrider

"Green" Swap...Floss and Herl combo

Sounds great Tony. Next time there's a Wullf swap we'll have a new addition to the game. Would be really neat if it caught on and you had a fly out there of your invention and that you named. Cool.

How about a few more people jump on this. It's one of the easier ones if you want to keep it that way. Floss tail, herl body, soft hackle. Easy and guaranteed fish catcher, especially if you use red floss for tail.

You bet foambug. You're in and you can bring a friend if you want. Since you're the foambug man are you going to figure out how to use herl, floss and foam?

vicrider,

I think you got me mixed up with someone else. You have me down to tie a Royal Wullf. I haven't decided yet what I am going to tie. Just a friendly heads up buddy...

Is a floss tag/hotspot at the butt proper for this swap, or are we looking for the coachman style of floss dividing the herl?

Dubs, floss tag is fine. Red Ass Kelso would do the job with red butt, herl body, soft hackle. Just has to include herl and floss in the fly somewhere.

All 24 flies are complete and should be heading your way early next week. If nobody else joins you can keep the extras.

Let's fire up this swap and fill it out. You have 2 flies apiece., I have two flies apiece. Let's get these spots filled. It's going to be a great swap and for trout fisherman it's long been known floss and herl are attractive to them and this combines both. I know my mini streamer Royal Coachman has brookies swimming around looking for a chance to attack it. Give them that chance.