Fly Tying

Received mine today. Great set. I have a box for steelhead/salmon flies and it just about finished filling it out. I did end up with two from Stagnibod (sp) and didn't have the first one in your pictures unless I'm mixed up. I know there were some no shows so figured some would be different.

There is not one in there I wouldn't be happy to tie one, but, as in every swap, there's always a couple I just want to run out and get wet right now and those are the two great nymphs in the set. Something about them just fits the type of steelheading I used to do up north. I fished the Lake Superior streams in spring runoff and mainly with egg flies or bright yarn flies and those would have been great. Lots of lead with flies on a dropper above the lead, and when I say lots of lead myself and friends who countedbunches of steels in spring and fall after salmon stocking started poured our own long thin lead to keep it down and lesson the snags and really know where your fly actually was. Now I only hope there's another chance to fish steels somewhere down the road to put that box to use.

Just got them today as well, man they look better in person! No offense to your photgraphy skills Bob, but something about holding them beats a picture haha. I can't wait to put these to use next month when the winter run starts!!

Also my apologies on the return shipping Bob, I can reimburse the extra money it costed you to send them back

Got mine yesterday. Very nice set of flies everyone. I love the variation in all the patterns. I tend to get stuck tying on one style of fly and find myself with a box of those. Nothing wrong with that when they are working, but you never know how well they really are or are not working until you try something new.

Thanks Bob. Smooth swap to be expected from you.

Had the pleasure today to not only grab some Chinese food with fishingbob, but also pick up a fabulous set of flies. What a really nice set! Thanks to all the tiers, and thanks to Bob for hosting another great swap.

Ok now it's Chinese food. Bad enough when you two old rattlers would go for sushi without me, now it's Chinese. There will be a piece of coal in the toe of your stocking this Xmas.

Ok now it's Chinese food. Bad enough when you two old rattlers would go for sushi without me, now it's Chinese. There will be a piece of coal in the toe of your stocking this Xmas.

You know you are welcome to join us any time. Just book a flight to Sacramento. And oh, bring your fly rod.

Hey we had some boxed up and ready to send to you, but for some reason the post office wasn't allowing it. ;-)

I keep looking at my double legs in that pic (ego?) and if I was to do them again I would move the tungsten bead BEHIND the front hen hackle. I don't think a fish would refuse it because of the design but I do think it would look better with the bead behind, and it would help hold hackle out better in fast waters.