Fly Tying
mikechell

pets

Looks like a Spaniel. Thank you for the sentiment.

There is only one problem with cats and dogs, as far as I am concerned ... their lifespans are too short.

Unfortunately, C.B.'s was shortened by her Leukemia. Because of her disease, Mom has paid extra attention to her all her life. That means Mom now feels the loss much more acutely. I am okay, grieving but not devastated. Wife will take much longer.

I think God gave us pets so we can be loved no matter while we are on earth. They give their love unconditional and no mater how *hitty of a day you have had they are always waiting for you to arrive at home! Once the grieving passes I am a firm believer in getting another pet sinse God has given us animals as one of his many gifts to us. So sorry for your loss Mike! Calicos are pretty cats I think. One of our outside cats has some kittens and one is a Calico and I have named her Camo short for Camouflage she's a pretty little thing.

That feline Leukemia is the one thing that can cut a cats life short, but sounds like you guys gave CB a good home while you had her. I've been lucky with the cats I have had in my life to not have to deal with Leukemia in them. My last three cats I had till they were 18 & 19 yrs old. The ones I have now are 3,8 & 10 yrs old. Hopefully I have them as long as I did my others.

Thinking of you man. I don't know what I'd do if I lost any of my girls (2 dogs and 1 newly added kitten)...

I was so sad losing three of our four dogs over about 3 months two in one day is heart breaking! sorry for your loss MIke!

Sort of a follow up, and a happy note. The "street urchins" ... my name for our adopted strays outdoors ... get fixed as soon as we can catch them. One of them, Tawny, has evaded our clutches and keeps popping out kittens. Most of them either disappear, or grow up to be "street urchins" too. We currently have 7 ... with a couple more that pop in and out when they feel needy.

Tawny had a litter 18 months ago, and one of the kitties ended up on the porch. She was a tiny thing, and Wife decided she needed to be brought in. She's a wonderful, and funny addition to the family. Here's a video of her, finding a new way to drink water. laugh.png

Hi Mike-

Today is the first time I have seen this thread, but all the time I was reading through it - I had in the back of my mind that when the time was right, you and Mom would surely welcome new additions to your family. I am happy to hear that you have some wonderful new additions. They can't replace your loved ones but they will find new ways to your hearts.

She's a nice looking calico Mike. Funny she does that with her water, Mandy (my all black cat) quite often does the same thing with water as well. Cats can be so strange at times biggrin.png

I had a Mainecoon that did the exact same thing, he did it all his life, except when he drank from my glass of ice water, then he just shoved his face in it. It was one of his endearing qualities, getting a lump in my throat just thinking about it.

Blane

Yes they all have their own personalities, we currently have three dogs and a fourth we are trying to find a home for. I much prefer animals to most people, and usually fish with a dog. My wife had a Siamese cat that would get in the hot shower on occasion but I never saw one drinking water like that.

Our dog, Munchkins is over 10 years old now, he has been a service dog for my grandmother until she passed away. Right now he is suffering from arthritis, he cannot walk for a long time due to pain. He wants to go for a walk but couldn't due to his health. I'm thinking of ways on how I can repay him for all these years he was helping my grandmother. Until I saw this pet stroller, I think a stroller will allow me to take Munchkins for a walk or wherever we want to go. I feel comfortable knowing that your dog or pet is secure and cozy in a stroller whenever we will go out for a walk.

This is going to sound insensitive, it's not meant to be.

"Taking a dog for a walk" is usually done to give the dog three things.

1) Exercise. Necessary for those dogs that don't have a yard to run around in. If the dog can get sufficient exercise in it's own area, there's no need to take it out.

2) Visual/aural stimulation. If you're going to take the dog out in a "stroller", don't use the one that looks like a baby stroller. Get the one that has the mesh screen all around. This gives the dog full line of sight, and allows it to sniff at trees, etc. ... which you'll need to push up to for the dog's benefit.

3) Poopin' and peein'.

All of the above reason for taking a dog for a walk are, for the most part, negated by putting it in a baby stroller. Especially since it's been proven that dogs don't need the walk as much as human's do.

If your puppy's got plenty of exercise room in your yard, and places to "do it's business", it doesn't actually need to be taken for walks.

All that said, I fully understand the desire to "payback" the animal's love.

Bryon, thank you. That post was from 2015. CB's still missed and remembered.

Fortunately, Muffet is too funny and too cute and has made her place in the house.

I call her, "Rugby Ball" because she's grown up rather "round". Not basket ball round, just rugby ball oblong. But it's not fat. She's just extra stout ... muscular without the cat like reflexes.

She can't quite get the "land on your feet" part of being a cat.

My new buddy a surprise gift from my brother over the 4th.

This is my 3rd one.

Meet Gunny a Pudlepointer held by one of my sons.

If you want to know about this breed Google Dream Works Gun Dogs.

post-56139-0-96646400-1531277741_thumb.jpeg