Fly Tying
michos

Favorite and/or cheapest supplier for materials

I just found a site last night called Blue Quill Angler........this place has everything and, from what I have seen so far, the prices are pretty good!

I've used them twice recently and was happy. If you like Dai-Riki hooks, they were just running a special and may still be. As a new customer, for my second order I was able to receive a 10% off promo code. So far so good with them. Oh and shipping was free for both orders - that is always a plus!

Thanks Freddo~!!!

I just found a site last night called Blue Quill Angler........this place has everything and, from what I have seen so far, the prices are pretty good!

how do the retail prices compare to the following online shops

jstockard

hook and hackle

feather craft

cabelas

orvis

the fly shop

bears den

bear lodge angler

etyer

caddis fly shop

whitetail fly tying supplies

dan baileys

fish west

charlies fly box

fly tyers dungeon

I'll try to find something to compare for you. Meantime, you could do the same!....and let me know. lol

Her Freddo just curious and this is an honest quest not trying to be a smart ass thank you for the info on how to preserve a squirrel but after all that you say make dubbing, why not just pin it skin side down and shave the fur off with clippers instead of wasting all the time curing it to do the same? Is there a reason that im missing? Thank you

I've used them twice recently and was happy. If you like Dai-Riki hooks, they were just running a special and may still be. As a new customer, for my second order I was able to receive a 10% off promo code. So far so good with them. Oh and shipping was free for both orders - that is always a plus!

Thanks Freddo~!!!

I use them alot for hooks there shipping is free after $5.00 ..

Steve-stabgnid

I ordered three spools of Uni 8/0 thread, 200 yds., for $3.80 per spool and one sheet of opalescent Sili-Skin for $1.50, so, Flytire, how does that compare to your shops? Did I get ripped or a good deal?

Her Freddo just curious and this is an honest quest not trying to be a smart ass thank you for the info on how to preserve a squirrel but after all that you say make dubbing, why not just pin it skin side down and shave the fur off with clippers instead of wasting all the time curing it to do the same? Is there a reason that im missing? Thank you

Well that's a great question and it was a topic of discussion here at home. Hair clippers would work just fine too. I was answering the question of preservation itself and the dubbing question came up as a residual since I'm new at hunting squirrel and thought to harvest some dubbing. Shaving the beastie would be easier than the preservation but the process is quite simple.

J. Stockard sells uni thread for $2.95 a spool.

Wow!!! I just checked jstockard and yup uni thread is nearing 3$ USD.... At the exchange rate today, it would almost be 4.50$CND a spool. ...

Ok, so I got screwed. It ain't the first time and, I'm sure it won't be the last. I mainly wanted to try the Sili-Skin that Kimo used for wings on his ant. The thread was mainly to get the price up to avoid the $5 postage.