Fly Tying
michos

Favorite and/or cheapest supplier for materials

You could take roadkill stuff, put it in a ziplock bag with a couple of pieces of mothballs. Just make sure that bag doesn't have a hole in it. I have a supply of black fur from my son's Lab. I find bird feathers in my back yard and use them for tails. Go to a park or zoo that has peacocks, ducks, and/or geese; get free feathers there. KNow any turkey or pheasant hunters? Another place is getting hair from a pet groomer. We have a Petco in town and have threatened to go there for tying supplies.

I saw a tip recently for pet owners... Grab a rubber squeegee and run it across your carpet. Have a bag ready!

When you (or your wife) cleans the dryer filter, save the lint.......it makes for good dubbing. Of course the color is normally just a shade of gray, however, if you wash some new sweatshirts or pants, it will be whatever color you put in.

In case you didn't know, Fly Tyer's Dungeon is a great place for value, especially on that Christmas box, but, know that all the material is synthetic, there is no fur, hair, feathers, etc. I bought a Christmas box this past Christmas and it was a good value, enough material to last for many, many flies!!