Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
bigsky2

Canada Pike Fishing

I am starting to do some research for a pike fishing trip in northern Canada this following year. I would prefer to go to Saskatchewan (its closest). Has anyone ever done a float trip up there? Where/when did you go? What outfitter did you use? Did you use a guide or just rent a boat? Any info is much appreciated.

Saskatchewan has some fantastic pike fishing!

I catch up to 36" pike in the lake in front of my house. If you want 48"+ you have to go North. I have a couple buddies that guide on Wolloston Lake. There is Minor Bay Lodge and Wolloston Lake Lodge. There is usually a 50" caught each year. Bring money though!

It is possible to rent a boat and fish one of the 1000's of lake we have. In the North the terrain changes from prairies to rock in the Canadian Sheilds. Big lakes and hazards of rock.

If I was going on my own I would look around LaRonge.

I was fortunate enough to get in on a fly in trip to Misaw Lake in the far NE corner of Saskatchewan. Rustic but incredible.

If you need information or assistance I would do my best to answer your questions.

I live in Northern Manitoba and there are numerous lakes and outfitters around here just minutes away. The fishing up here is amazing, 40+ inch pike, 30+ inch walleye and lake trout in the 40-50 inch range.

I took a job up here teaching and haven't left yet.

If you are interested in this area I can get you some information on a few lodges I know of and ones and the couple of been to.