Fly Tying
Bruce M

Fly Tying Symposium

Who's all headed down there this year.

I haven't been yet, usually always working or hunting but this year I'm going to make a point to get on down there.

I know you can find what you want on the internet but I just want to put my hands on some products first and just take in the spectacle of an exhibit show.

http://www.internationalflytyingsymposium.com/

Id love to go the big one in Denver or the one in Montana. I have heard those two are huge.

Too far to drive even from connecticut

Ill go to the arts of the angler show this weekend in Danbury, ct if i recover enough from pneumonia and I'm out of the hospital

Ill go to the arts of the angler show this weekend in Danbury, ct if i recover enough from pneumonia and I'm out of the hospital

I just got over the crap myself. I have been down for 2 weeks. First time I have ever had it and I hope it is my last time. Nothing but pure hell!!!

Flytire and Add ... you two guys hanging out too close to each other?

I hope you both get better, soon.

Get well soon, that stuff is not to be played with, my wife came very close to dying from it.

I went to something similar in Boston a whole bunch of years ago now. At the time what I liked best was the live tying demos. I learned of a pattern of streamer I never would have thought of myself and I adapted that to salmon fishing in Maine. The boys and I caught countless salmon on that pattern. It was worth the trip to the city just for that. I still have plastic nymph forms in my tying case I got as a give away there. Hmmm never used them, I learned to tie my nymphs with out plastic forms. In fact I don't know if anyone uses plastic nymph forms but I thought I scored that day !

The one that flytier refers to is this weekend in Danbury, that would be closer to me than the one in jersey but it's my 29th anniversary this weekend, not so sure the wife would be that understanding...probably not.

That, folks, is why they build airplanes; we have 'em in Texas, and that is the way I got there, Somerset, New Jersey: http://www.internationalflytyingsymposium.com/. Seriously, going and enjoying was a blast, several days of watching great tyers do their stuff, and it was a mix of the nations from accross the globe. Thoroughly enjoyed it, once, but haven't been back, because, as y'all said, it is a long way. :)

I went to something similar in Boston a whole bunch of years ago now.

they used to have a fly fishing/tying show at the Boston Armory. always a good one.

the Shriners used to put one a fly fishing/tying up in wilminton, mass? and i always thought it was better than the traveling 'fly fishing show'

Definitely, the show to go to if you are into tying. Not as many vendors as there are at the January show but there a few. A good show to pick up new patterns and tips on tying old ones. I'm lucky it's only and hour and 15 minute drive from Philly. Besides my saltwater club has a table there and I get to embarrass myself tying in public. If any of you are going to be at the show on Saturday. Stop by the South Jersey Fly Anglers table and say hi. Just ask for "Philly"

I'll remember to stop in and say hi...no wait, I'll heckle you from afar while you embarrass yourself,lol