Fly Tying
flytire

The Universal Vise Corp

Most of my tying supplies used to come from Universal Vice, I think they sold everything a fly tyer could need. My Sunrise AA vise came through UVC, lots of yarns, chenilles, India necks, rafia, strung feathers, etc. I don't recall them selling hooks though, I recall ordering hooks from a Mustad importer.

On 7/3/2018 at 9:10 AM, mvendon said:

Here's a pic of a Leonard vise that John Bonasera owns that he posted years ago on the Sparse Grey Matter forum. The model is a little different from yours, but the jaw assembly part of it looks just about identical if you turned it the other way.

Regards,

Mark

post-12032-0-37061300-1530623204_thumb.jpg

That looks like the head from my Leonard vise, but mine has a square stem.

L1010284.JPG

L1010283.JPG

The link to the video is now unfortunately defunct, like the company. They seem to have been based in the next town over from me.

I have never owned a Universal vise,  but I did buy a Leonard back in 71 or 2.  Somewhere a long time ago, I lost the stem and clamp.  The threads on the back of the jaws just happened to fit a standard camera tripod mount.  I can now use it again, and it makes a nice compact travel vise.

Leonard vise tripod mount.JPG