Fly Tying
josephcsylvia

Saltwater Fly Swap

I read this swap proposal and agree with jose ( and mikechell ) completely about the 2 week time frame. EVERY swap I've done had somebody or two or three dragging their butts and sending in flies late. To include in one swap even the host ( on another site ) dicked around for a couple three weeks at that. If you are too busy to knock out the flies in two weeks then DON"T get in it. Bottom line.

Also the last swap I did here was well over two weeks late and guess who were the late sloths? The first ones who jumped in to get on the list. Did anybody get counseled for breaking the rules and being very late? Nah! Rules, rules, yawn.

I just may get in your swap jose because I fish salt 99.9% of the time and salty anglers don't have time for being lazy. We get up early, fish hard, fish late AND we have to wash everything off when we are done. Just make sure to emphasize that saltwater hooks are used. I have several swap flies I can't use for that very reason.

Saltybum, thank you for your response. After getting responses from people it seems 3weeks tying time for 6 flies or 4weeks for 12 would work,

I agree 100 percent and I will put a big headline that if that's not enough time than dont join the swap.

I agree about the saltwater hooks on a side note I would still fish the other flies you have just wash them good. I tie on mustad big guns for tarpon and havnt had one rust on me yet but im anal about washing my gear I even go as far as opening the gearbox on my devil sticks and checking for water.

Im thinking about doing several swaps first probably being a baitfish pattern and the bass guys can get in on it but will need to tie on salt safe hooks which isn't a bad thing to do anyway.

Also the last swap I did here was well over two weeks late and guess who were the late sloths? The first ones who jumped in to get on the list. Did anybody get counseled for breaking the rules and being very late? Nah! Rules, rules, yawn.

I just may get in your swap jose because I fish salt 99.9% of the time and salty anglers don't have time for being lazy. We get up early, fish hard, fish late AND we have to wash everything off when we are done. Just make sure to emphasize that saltwater hooks are used. I have several swap flies I can't use for that very reason.

I hope I wasn't one of those late ones Saltybum.

An exactly re some of the swap flies being received on non-salt tolerant hooks.

I'd love to participate, but looking at the deadline I'm not sure I could get my contributions to you on time :(

LIL dave is from down under. he's an excellent craftman. aI 'd love to do a swap with him again. And Salty: good to see you around. havent heard from you in a while. Hows the fishing?