Fly Tying
deerhairdan

December Flies From the Bench

Lovely nymphs troutah!

Right up my alley, and very consistent tying

Some simple baitfish, tied with congo hair from flytyersdungeon. It was a little tricky to get the right amount of materials and proportions right, but practice makes perfect i guess.

post-55995-0-53536700-1451088859_thumb.jpg

Cream...fantastic fly and video! Thank you for posting and for your inspiration this year. Merry Christmas and cheers. Ed

I am usually hesitant to post flies here. I tie for fishing, not for show, so mine don't look so good in comparison. I am not embarrassed to show them ... more like, "As long as I hang out with people uglier than I am, I look pretty good."

"But, put me in a crowd of pretty, young people ... and suddenly, I am a worn out, old guy."

Anyway ... I ran out of my favorite fly, my "Panfish Attractor". Had to tie replacements for me, and a few to give to a friend who's loaning me some equipment. Since I so rarely tie such a quantity, I had to take a picture.

Even here I don't measure up to you guys who have boxes and boxes of flies. But it suits my style.

mikechell,

Those flies look great!!!! They all look a like to me...Merry Christmas

Yeah Mike what's with the talk down !!

They look just like fish takers ....after all isn't that what they are supposed to do .

Nice ties mate... did you use fox for those ?

For the record i'd be good with showing those in my box .

I appreciate the comments, guys. I am quite happy with my skill level, tying flies that catch fish (at least, they do for me).

My post above isn't so much debasing ... just humbled by the top quality flies others can tie. Like that Puglisi Peanut Butter I still can't get the hang of.

Mike :

Those are really good . Dont sell yourself short. They are consistently tied. Bout time we saw a pic!

I appreciate the comments, guys. I am quite happy with my skill level, tying flies that catch fish (at least, they do for me).

My post above isn't so much debasing ... just humbled by the top quality flies others can tie. Like that Puglisi Peanut Butter I still can't get the hang of.

Hey Mike ..... I think many of us are humbled by the quality of flies on this site and others.... You're not alone buddy lol

I'm often concerned at putting up flies that I personally think suck but they still catch fish occasionally lol

So I feel that sharing my mediocre patterns with others may help them catch fish lol

Anyway mate Merry Christmas .