Fly Tying
deerhairdan

December Flies From the Bench

Deerhairdan that's a really cool fly.The hook i used is a teflon coated hook designed for carp. It's a size 8 and i would say standart gauge wire. I didn't add any resin to the body on the brown/copper one, but did add a good bit of leadwire around the shank.

Thanks. Its a Davie McPhail pattern on his youtube channel. The lead wire should just help get the fly down if wrapped around the hook. The point below will act as a keel to keep it upright. If not, take a single piece of lead wire and tie it directly on the bottom of the hook to add more weight toward the bottom of the fly keeping it properly oriented in the water. I do that sometimes with articulated flies. It doesnt add a ton of weight to effect the action alot, but it adds just enough to keep it sitting upright in the water.

My take on the Fly Fish Food double-wide cheech leech. I posted a swim video of it on my instagram if anyone wants to check it out. Looks really great in the water.

2wgaedk.jpg

Here's a very simple yet effective streamer for trout and bass.

Tied on a 4/0 Orvis.

post-32306-0-67401600-1450786619_thumb.jpg

post-32306-0-25611300-1450786674_thumb.jpg

I found these eyes at Michaels assorted mascara Doll Eyes

What eye's? I don't see them.