Fly Tying
deerhairdan

December Flies From the Bench

Dont want to be a dick, but the mouse is actually Pat Cohen's mouse. Andreas just made a video of it.

Here is a diver from last night.

post-54000-0-22309600-1449148523_thumb.jpg

Retro.... do mayflies come in black? I've never seen one. White or yellow.... never black.

Leptophlebia or black quill. I'm in Massachusetts and run into them once ina while.

Dont want to be a dick, but the mouse is actually Pat Cohen's mouse. Andreas just made a video of it.

diver.jpg

Im sure Andreas has been tying up mouse patterns before Pat Cohen started tying.... but yeah Pat Cohen has put spinning deer up in the front light.

And yes that is Andreas version. Now mine because I changed the tail out.

All good though, it's about tying flies and having fun!!

diver.jpg

Im sure Andreas has been tying up mouse patterns before Pat Cohen started tying.... but yeah Pat Cohen has put spinning deer up in the front light.

It's pretty well documented that Pat did it first. Andreas' video was almost identical to Pat's DVD that has been out for a long time. Both great tyers.

Maybe right cheech, all i am saying is Andreas has been tying for a little while before Cohen. Has he only been tying for a few years now? Maybe Andreas has tied a mouse pattern before....and has fine tuned it over time? Anyways they both have great skills....

Maybe right cheech, all i am saying is Andreas has been tying for a little while before Cohen. Has he only been tying for a few years now? Maybe Andreas has tied a mouse pattern before....and has fine tuned it over time? Anyways they both have great skills....

Yep, Andreas has been tying longer, but his youtube video is basically word for word of pats DVD.

Yep, Andreas has been tying longer, but his youtube video is basically word for word of pats DVD.

Thanks Cheech. Now I am interested in Cohens DVD....

diver.jpg

It's pretty well documented that Pat did it first. Andreas' video was almost identical to Pat's DVD that has been out for a long time. Both great tyers.

I'm pretty sure the deer hair mouse had been done before both of them did it...who cares? Both are great tyers, and the mouse above is pretty darn good. Leave it at that.

Alexandra Muddler (kinda)

IMG_7967_zpsvf5blc0c.jpg

IMG_7969_zpsa7timrvn.jpg

IMG_7974_zpsucoqrxc3.jpg

Playing around with mini-Muddlers

hook - Mustad 3906B #8

thread - Danville 6/0 black

tail - hackle red

rib - small wire silver

body - tinsel silver

body hackle - black (undersize by 2)

wing - peacock sword

collar - grizzly dyed red

head - deer hair

Regards,

Scott

diver.jpg

I'm pretty sure the deer hair mouse had been done before both of them did it...who cares? Both are great tyers, and the mouse above is pretty darn good. Leave it at that.

Agreed. Sorry to have veered off track.

Now back to the topic!!! Bench time!!