Fly Tying
deerhairdan

December Flies From the Bench

The eyes are probably UV resin over marker like the sculpin he posted. Thats a nice mouse for sure. Im gonna need some feet from you mr creech.

+1 with Retro ... that's a great looking mouse, Cheech. Are the eyes regular plastic bead chain, or something different? They look real.

Dan is right. It's a three part process with markers and UV resin. You mark the spot with marker, saturate the spot with very thin resin to create a base, then dab a glob of thick resin on the base and cure it before it loses it's "ball" shape. We have a video on how to make them on a sculpin pattern that I tie.

The eyes are probably UV resin over marker like the sculpin he posted. Thats a nice mouse for sure. Im gonna need some feet from you mr creech.

For you my friend, $79 each and $23 shipping.

Plus tax.

Thats a mouse! I think if I left that in my kitchen, the wife would pass out!!!.... how much for the mouse?

That's pricey. I am going to wait for the results of the "Mouse Foot Shootout" before I slap down that kind of dough. Wanna make sure I get the best type out there. ;)

J

Cream and Crackle: excellent Spun Hair! Brilliant! :

Eide: Once again you show me something to strive for.. BTW what hooks do you use for the double hook salmon flys?

Some Kamasan B280s, Ken Sawada and Mustad DL71

I like that yarn, Eide. Makes nice looking bugs. Your skill might have something to do with it, but in this case ... that yarn would even make a novice's flies look good.

Yes, the yarn just pops out, just add too hook :)

Mayer's Mini Leech; I posted the tying procedures in the "Videos" section of this site.

TC

attachicon.gifLeech.JPG

Nice mini leech TC......how's the transformer vise going ?

Thanks, Retrocarp, and I'm still really liking that vise. I have been primarily using the standard head in it, even for some streamers, though I plan on tying a few more tube flies over the next couple weeks.

TC

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg
Trying to tie a small bead head in a size 22 tiemco model 2488

Honored to have been asked to try new products from Pat Cohen before they hit the shelves. The tail on this guy is a new shape he is offering soon. I tied it to mimic a dying or severely injured shad laying flat on top of the water. I see the real thing everytime im on the water. I bet it will work quite nicely.

post-54000-0-34498700-1449843012_thumb.jpg

Honored to have been asked to try new products from Pat Cohen before they hit the shelves. The tail on this guy is a new shape he is offering soon. I tied it to mimic a dying or severely injured shad laying flat on top of the water. I see the real thing everytime im on the water. I bet it will work quite nicely.

attachicon.gifshad.jpg

Filthy