Fly Tying
Western Trout Hunter

Hello from Colorado

Hello all!!

My name is Paul. I was born in raised in central Vermont in a fishing family. I was taught to fish from a very young age and have never stopped. After high school I traveled the entire northern half of the country looking for the best trout waters, which I finally found in Montana. I lived, fished, and eventually went to collage for 12 (living college=6 years ) years fishing all the great rivers I had only heard about during my childhood.

So why am I in Colorado? Good question. Upon graduating from Montana State University (Trout University) GO CATS!! I needed a source of income. Boulder seamed to fit the bill, so I picked up and left my beloved state of MT for the fabled tail waters of CO.

I have been tying flys for about 20 years now and joined this forum to join a international community of fly tyers. I have also started a small side venture of custom fly tying "Popovitch Custom Fly Tying" and would like to share and possibly collaborate with fellow tyers.

I have never participated in a fly swap but it does intrigue me.

Anyways, that is a very brief introduction to who I am. Feel free to send a message for any reason what so ever.

Happy Tying,

Western Trout Hunter.

Welcome to the site, there is an articulated nymph swap that has two open spots going on right now, find it and comment "im in" if you want to try one out.