Fly Tying
flytire

January flies from the vise

Well, I am in Chicago ... surrounded by this white stuff. All the water here is so polluted you can walk across it, I guess. It's very hard with no visible flow ... I don't understand !!!

I'll be back in Florida, where the water acts like water, in February. I'll let you know something, then.

Poke a hole in the hard polluted stuff and drop a line through!

Well, I am in Chicago ... surrounded by this white stuff. All the water here is so polluted you can walk across it, I guess. It's very hard with no visible flow ... I don't understand !!!

I'll be back in Florida, where the water acts like water, in February. I'll let you know something, then.

Poke a hole in the hard polluted stuff and drop a line through!

Not me !!!

Standing on that hard water makes my feet hurt. Of course, standing outside, here, makes ALL of me hurt. This place is just WRONG this time of year.

Why would anyone in their right mind choose to go to Chicago this time of year? Oh yeah, I forgot it was Mike talking. That explains it.

Rabbit three ways. Zonker tail, palmered collar, dubbing loop head. Never know what you will come up with when you are bored.

11rev60.jpg

This is another boredom creation. Lots of marabou. Should look great in the water. Dry and Wet pictures.

2n07jat.jpg

6h5b7o.jpg

Also, Mike you are definitely right about hours at the vise making you better. I try to tie at least 2-3 flies a day. Definitely noticed my skills improving over the years, in cleanliness of flies, techniques, and creativity.

Why would anyone in their RIGHT MIND choose to go to Chicago this time of year? Oh yeah, I forgot it was Mike talking. That explains it.

Ha ha ha ... funny boys.

I didn't CHOOSE to be here ... my company just has to prove it hates me a few times a year, by SENDING me to cold climates. Normally, the company and me get along great ... but it's a "alpha male" thing, I guess.

That's pretty cool kimo ... I recall seeing that on YouTube some time ago while searching for prawn/ shrimp patterns

Nice work .... I should imagine you'll make it look even better when using clear plastic straws .😎

That's pretty cool kimo ... I recall seeing that on YouTube some time ago while searching for prawn/ shrimp patterns

Nice work .... I should imagine you'll make it look even better when using clear plastic straws .

My son is quite the origami designer as you can see below

so this is right along our lines.

12029706_1085498191461488_18093370996583

Kimo

an adjustment to the legs, like the white better

DSCN1205.jpg

some sort of mayfly nymph imitation

DSCN1204.jpg

a little more of a BWO

DSCN1202.jpg

and a different take on a BWO

DSCN1203.jpg

Austin Adducci was the guest tie-er at Dupage Fly Shop tonight. He's a guide, chasing poor man's Bonefish (carp) and Smallmouth Bass. Probably other fish, too, but these were what he was tying for this night.

So, here are the two flies we tied under his guidance:

Mike I will get in touch then. Just don't throw a lit match in the Chicago river, it is flammable.

That a pretty awesome tie Kimo. I too remember seeing the video a while back, but don't know anyone that's actually tied it. Great job.