Fly Tying
cnc

Baitfish

In the water ... is there anything to keep them from riding upside down, or spinning? I like the look, but I wonder at the swimming characteristics.

In the water ... is there anything to keep them from riding upside down, or spinning? I like the look, but I wonder at the swimming characteristics.

They are tyed on a tube, when the hook is mounted it corks as a keel. Also most of the materials are tied in on the top and on the side of the tube, only the white is tied in on the bottom.

There is a video of the swimming action on my instagram side. The name is fluesnedkeren.

Nice looking flies

Injured bait fish flutter and flop twist and turn right side up and upside down and swim left to right.

Have fun fishing them

I have a gaggle of fun fur from the mad scientist and want to use it up. This bug intrigued me, how do you cut it to go thick to thin?

Nice looking flies

Injured bait fish flutter and flop twist and turn right side up and upside down and swim left to right.

Have fun fishing them

Agreed, bait fish do all the above ... and they drift like a leaf to the bottom after a quick cold snap. All these actions we can impart to our presentations. But if the fly spins every time you pull it through the water or the air, it's death to your leader.

Great looking tubes! A craft fur baitfish is my go to pattern for the salt, it catches pretty much anything that swims

I have a gaggle of fun fur from the mad scientist and want to use it up. This bug intrigued me, how do you cut it to go thick to thin?

Look for a blog called chasing silver has a bunch of great tips for making and trimming this type fly

Can you narrow that down Robert? Googled chasing silver and there is a gaggle of sites!