Fly Tying
troutinturnie

Favorite bench side drink?

I see I'm not alone. :) Well water, with a splash of lemon, on the rocks. I want it as cold as I can get it without freezing. Take a sip and let it cool my throat while I contemplate my next move.

Coffee or Busch depending on when I'm tying. Too much coffee makes me shake, if it's beer it's usually not very many

Pepsi for me. With a bag of chocolate filled Oreos.

I drink lots of coffee and iced tea but that involves making some so a Pepsi is right at hand in the fridge. Lots of ice.

This is a decision I make based on what I'm going to be tying. I don't do alcohol for many years now but I do take some meds for my COPD that cause a serious amount of shaky hands for at least an hour after treatment. No tying then. Caffeine drinks, coffee or diet coke, exacerbate the situation for another hour or so.

What does that have to do what I'm tying? Right now I'm finishing up a run of Hog Snares, a double articulated bait on a #1 hook, an inch shank, and a #1/0 hook. Shaky hands might make these easier to tie. Earlier I did my run #16 articulated nymphs and for those a don't tie for well over an hour after meds, water only, no caffeine, and when down into 24 and smaller add magnifiers to that list.

... iced tea but that involves making some ...

Find a large glass jar (1 gallon or more). Four family size tea bags for each gallon. Fill with cold water, put in the tea bags and put it in the 'fridge. 24 hours later, add sugar as needed and serve. We have two (1 gallon) gallon pitchers, so our 1 1/2 gallon jug makes a pitcher and a half worth.

When I am home, I am usually making tea just before bed each night ... wife and I both drinking the tea made the night before.

... and when down into 24 and smaller add magnifiers to that list.

What kind of a drink is a "magnifier"?

Just joking, Vic.

... iced tea but that involves making some ...

Find a large glass jar (1 gallon or more). Four family size tea bags for each gallon. Fill with cold water, put in the tea bags and put it in the 'fridge. 24 hours later, add sugar as needed and serve. We have two (1 gallon) gallon pitchers, so our 1 1/2 gallon jug makes a pitcher and a half worth.

When I am home, I am usually making tea just before bed each night ... wife and I both drinking the tea made the night before.

Sounds like our house. Always a jug of tea in the fridge unsweet. The wife uses an artificial sweetener, I like it unsweet. Just like I like my coffee, black no sugar. Unless there is some Bailey's.

Sweet tea in summer when I keep a pitcher in the fridge. Diet Mt. Dew (had to switch from the regular stuff a few years back--I call it "Middle Age Dew" :) ) or ice water. I also keep a flask of The Famous Grouse blended Scotch on the bench.

Forgot to add I like my root beer to be IBC or A&W... Mug just doesn't cut it and niether does check