Fly Tying
troutinturnie

Favorite bench side drink?

Good day all,

Just wondering what your favourite bench side drink is while tying? personally I like settling down to the vise with a couple ice cold Kokanee beer, my preferred beer up here in Canada.

Curious to hear what your drink of choice is.

Troutinturnie

It is usually late in the evening when I tye- after the kids are in bed. I can then relax and enjoy the company of a freshly brewed espresso and hot milk (cafe y leche) with a wee nip of scotch on the side. I'm not fussy about which scotch- usually a J Walker red. But for Christmas my sweet wife gave me a bottle of Balvenie single barrel which truly inspires my time at the vise.

I like to drink Scotch, but don't like to drink and tie, or fish, or work on guns. I'm not sure why, I guess I want to direct all my attention to the task at hand. I don't much like to drink even water at the bench, although I'll get up and drink water if I'm thirsty. Beer? I don't like it as much as I used to, certainly not while concentrating on something else.

A creme brulee latte with a smidgen of fresh ground nutmeg and lavender served in crystal with a parsley garnish.

On the serious side, whatever I'm in the mood for as long as it's not a "foofoo" drink (like the above) and no alcohol. No can tie while drinking.