Fly Tying
Papa Baske

Show me your comb

I have a few but these are my faves. Get a couple bright colors so you can find them under all your stuff.

Same thing I use.

I have a few but these are my faves. Get a couple bright colors so you can find them under all your stuff.

Had to laugh when I saw your pic of the deluxe deer hair comb . My vet handed me the same comb in the same blue color during my vet visit last week, nothing more than a cheap plastic flea comb.

I use what Kelly galloup recommends, a cheap .25 cent black plastic hair comb for men. He likes the static, as do I, since fuzz clings to static and tgats why we use the comb. I must admit though they really don't generate much, if any, static anyway.

ugh i use the same plastic comb, i have static terrible some days. Its not the fuzz but the deer hair shavings that stic terribly. I rub mine in a dryer sheet. eems too help

If you don't mind the price $17.99 US, but like having nice tools to work with, Wasatch Angling Supplies sells a nice small metal fur comb with a rosewood handle. Nice comb that works well for removing underfur, however this particular thing may not be of interest to some nor in everyone's budget.​

I get a little plastic comb with every tube of moustache wax. Use them for lots of things, including my flies. Hmmmm maybe I can make my flies water resistant by using the wax on them. certainly make them stiffer :-)

I've used a mustache comb as well for many years. Old Coasties know what works. No problems with static. I also have the Griffin bone/antler comb but don't like it at all, the teeth are too coarse.

Government issue toofbrush from an m4 cleaning kit. It's nylon, but you wouldn't want to brush your teeth with it.

X2