Fly Tying
deerhairdan

February Flies From the Bench

deerhairdan and TC - beautiful bugs!

Fugly tight. I appreciate it.

Lol you have been sitting back with popcorn reading other threads havnt you? smile.png

Sometimes its best to be a fly on the wall. I have nothing to offer that "conversation". To each his own.

Here are some foxy brush and bucktail shrimp with a orangy/pinkish underbody for a cool effect.

post-54000-0-97401400-1455802822_thumb.jpg

I have only tried tying with deerhair a couple times, so today i decided to give it a serious try to hone my skills. Definitely something i have to do more of. Go easy on me guys smile.png

20160217_190645_zpsjqonav4v.jpg

Gamakatsu F314 #4

Roedeer hair (i belive)

Brown foam for ears and 4mm eyes (both glued on)

Papa, that mouse will definitely work! I don't even bother putting eyes or ears on mine and they still catch fish!

PAPA...that,s my kind of mouse, I don,t pack anymore. I want them to sit low, not bounce on top like a bobber. And the more scraggy the better. Your mouse is perfect. Don,t mess with it, if you wantto catch more fish...and diver dive deeper...and fish hold on longer...Good luck.

DSC_0033_zpsj4sginj1.jpg

Very beautiful fly. Do you mind me asking, what kind of deerhair are you using and also do you use a packer(if so what kind).

Damsel type thing for carp and whatever else wants to eat a damsel

attachicon.gifnympho.jpg

Very nice. might have to give that one a go. My ambition is to catch a carp on a fly this summer.

DSC_0033_zpsj4sginj1.jpg

Very beautiful fly. Do you mind me asking, what kind of deerhair are you using and also do you use a packer(if so what kind).

attachicon.gifnympho.jpg

Very nice. might have to give that one a go. My ambition is to catch a carp on a fly this summer.

I get all my deer hair from Pat Cohen's website, www.rusuperfly.com

The packer I use is his Fugly Packer. I only used it on that fly to clear the hook eye. There's only two "stacks" of hair on this one, one behind the lead eyes and one in front, top and bottom. Can't really pack much due to the lead eyes in between.

DSC_0033_zpsj4sginj1.jpg

attachicon.gifnympho.jpg

I get all my deer hair from Pat Cohen's website, www.rusuperfly.com

The packer I use is his Fugly Packer. I only used it on that fly to clear the hook eye. There's only two "stacks" of hair on this one, one behind the lead eyes and one in front, top and bottom. Can't really pack much due to the lead eyes in between.

Thanks alot. Just cant understand how you can get so many hairs in just 2 stacks :)

BAT%20WING%20NYMPH%20OLIVE%20FIRE%20FLY%

BAT WING NYMPH - Peterson/Variant- Olive/ Fire Fly…TMC 100SPBL, #12 – #16…

RUSTY%20BUGS%20GRP_zpshkthgi6k.jpg

RUSTY THE BUG(s)…

PT/TB

attachicon.gifnympho.jpg

Hi deerhairdan... what sizes do you tie these in ? #8 up or smaller ...