Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
McFlyLures

What do you think of this mullet pattern?

When you get a chance come on over to the saltwater board… You'll find more than a few mullet patterns there since they're pretty universal in the salt. I tie mine for the Everglades….

Oh, is this not the right place to post this? Sorry if not... I'm new here and never sure where to post

The is the right place. The Fly Tying Bench is for discussion of any type of pattern, but a lot of us tend to post our salt water flies on the salt water board since it is a more specialized board. You can do either, but as Capt Bob said, you will find a lot of mullet patterns over there

Just remember, there are certain rites you must complete

to be fully accepted in the salt water forum.

attachicon.giftutu.jpg

I knew you were twisted but that was great.

attachicon.giftutu.jpg

And he has a beard lol

attachicon.giftutu.jpg

And he has a beard lol

Man, this forum is obsessed with beards. The most common comment I get is about my beard, not my flies.... HAHA Well it keeps you remembering me I guess right?

I remember not to watch the videos. I am sure they're okay ... but I haven't watched one, yet.

You're a bugger Mike ...

attachicon.giftutu.jpg

And he has a beard lol

Man, this forum is obsessed with beards. The most common comment I get is about my beard, not my flies.... HAHA Well it keeps you remembering me I guess right?

LMAO

I want to appologise for my recent posts. I've been on edge the last few weeks for a few reasons. I thought at first you guys were just being picky about my beard, and I was taking offense. For that I appologise. I know now (with the exception of one individual) that you were just trying to help me make a better video, and I am grateful for that. I am working on a plain background of some sort in the next few weeks.

Again I appologise for my outbursts.

I personally wouldn't want to cast that fly all day. I know that material sheds water but it's still going to be a heavy fly. If you insist on that fat mullet profile you can pull off that trick without all the fiber. Not to mention that material is so buoyant that without lead eyes or lead wrap, it's going to take forever to get that fly down in the stroke zone. Also, when using ep type fibers Krystal flash doesn't marry well. I much prefer gss or an angel hair.

Here's one I did, tied much more sparse with a little lead. It's super light but gets down quickly. I could cast this all day without fatigue

post-51578-0-66833100-1456483253_thumb.jpg

I personally wouldn't want to cast that fly all day. I know that material sheds water but it's still going to be a heavy fly. If you insist on that fat mullet profile you can pull off that trick without all the fiber. Not to mention that material is so buoyant that without lead eyes or lead wrap, it's going to take forever to get that fly down in the stroke zone. Also, when using ep type fibers Krystal flash doesn't marry well. I much prefer gss or an angel hair.

Here's one I did, tied much more sparse with a little lead. It's super light but gets down quickly. I could cast this all day without fatigue

That is a nice fly, kinda like an EP bunker in a way... Completely not like mine though. Thanks for your input. It's not really bad to cast infact it is quite easy when using the correct weight rod, and there is very little material on this fly. It looks bulky sure, but it's not. There are very common fly patterns that are more bulky than this, especially mullet patterns.

That is a nice fly, kinda like an EP bunker in a way... Completely not like mine though. Thanks for your input. It's not really bad to cast infact it is quite easy when using the correct weight rod, and there is very little material on this fly. It looks bulky sure, but it's not. There are very common fly patterns that are more bulky than this, especially mullet patterns.

What weight fly rods do you own?