Fly Tying
Fish For Life

Dont you hate it when...

I would have to say when you sit down and can't find a favorite, or necessary tool or material. NOT because you haven't got it organized, but simply because its buried under a pile of stuff on your bench. Some tiers are neat, and clean up after a tying session, I am anything but neat (just ask my wife.) If I can still get the doors shut I think its fine. When feathers fluff, and other bits and peaces are wandering around the house, I know I have to at least vacuum the floors.

when you bench is so cluttered with trimmed feathers and hair that you dont see your new pair of tying scissors and accidentally vacuum them up while cleaning...

What I really hate is when I'm blasting up a delightful canyon road in my Miata, come around a corner and end up behind a big truck loaded with porta-poddies going 15mph and I can't pass. It's a total buzzkill.

I also hate it with a top-grade Cree neck I've been saving for special occasions ends up all bug-eaten.

When you are trimming off an errant fiber and you hear the bobbin hit the table top.

This :D

And the phone ringing when wrapping hackle!

I hate it when I get my tube of dubbing wax mixed up with my tube of chapstick.

I use an old tube of Burt's Bees for both. Problem solved, since I don't use either very often.

I hate it when I'm taking an odd moment at work to look for a pattern online and all I can find is videos. Doesn't anyone READ anymore? I can't open a video in my cubicle. For one thing, it would disturb colleagues nearby. For another, it would look bad if the boss walked by, even though I am entitled to breaks. Ditto for websites that blast sound when they open.

Don't you just hate it when you get it caught in the zipper. sad.png

Don't you just hate it when you dont really save money tying your own flies

I Found it, the Red Squirrel tail ! It was more or less where it should have been, at least in the right compartment anyway.

LOL Flytire.

"Don't you just hate it when" ... someone else DOES save money tying their own flies?

Don't you hate when you discover that the bottles/jars containing the various liquid substances used in fly tying are designed to tip over even when you put them on a flat spot, especially when you've forgotten to tighten the cap. Right now ZAP-A-GAP is at the top of my list.